Melee should do 10 times more damage.

Melee should do 10 times more damage, because it's 10 times harder to fight uber bosses.

The melee I mean is real melee, such as Heavy Strike, Sweep, Cleave...You have to stand still and close to attack.

Totems would be destroyed in 0.1sec in ubers fight. We get 40% less damage in ubers fight if we use melee skill.

So please remove totems' buff and buff damage of real melee skills 10 times more.
Last edited by smtad on Apr 28, 2024, 1:05:32 AM
Last bumped on May 2, 2024, 2:42:14 AM
Melee is fine as long as you have a 100 div budget and don't play melee.
Melee is fine as long as you get good and don't try to compare melee damage with the crazy abomination damage of some other skills. Melee gets more than enough damage needed to kill Uber fights and all other content. Lol
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
hoho asking for x10 more is a bit much. no one is gonna take this feedback serious.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
I agree with this, Heavy strike could see a 10x buff and it still wouldn't be played as a main skill because it has no clear.
There are three basic perks to melee for being melee.

- Deals more Damage
- Has higher Durability
- More CC potential

This is just basic design stuff. Problem with PoE is a lot of melee isn't "melee". It's casting mid range skills with a sword. Dual Strike is melee. Double Strike is melee. Fissure of Snaking is in not.

There's a drastic DPS up-time difference between "melee" skills due to their designs so global rule of thumb perks isn't really going to work. Each skill has to be adjusted individually.

I always lean to melee in games. Even in PoE I was 2/3 melee builds until the Fortify changes.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
"
Pashid wrote:
Melee is fine as long as you get good and don't try to compare melee damage with the crazy abomination damage of some other skills. Melee gets more than enough damage needed to kill Uber fights and all other content. Lol

Did you ever try Heavy Strike to fight uber boss and do T17?

I'd tried so I knew it.

The REAL melee is much less than enough damage to kill uber and T17 contents, because if you want to have decent defense with REAL melee, you'll lost a lot DPS.

And you're almost unable to use totems in uber fights and T17, therefore you'll have 40% less damage by melee.
Last edited by smtad on Apr 29, 2024, 1:01:40 AM
"
smtad wrote:
"
Pashid wrote:

Did you ever try Heavy Strike to fight uber boss and do T17?

Captain lance did ubers with heavy strike, on a 10 div budget no less. I did it with Molten Strike and Shield Crush which are pretty "real" melee in terms of range. But i suppose none of that counts, right? Btw, where is that heavy strike build of yours? Don't see one in your profile.

But sure, let's give low budget melee builds 100+ mio dps, sounds legit and balanced.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Apr 29, 2024, 1:30:53 AM
Yes, melee is fine as long as you don't watch anyone with a ranged skill boss.

If you go watch alkaizers video on how he killed ubers on boneshatter, that is your average melee experience on ubers. The amount of time it takes to kill makes it a waste of time. Unless you have some weird scaling shenanegins its going to feel awful.

The problem is strength stacking, ephemeral edge es stacking, aura stacking, and trauma stacking (rip divergent trauma) are the most common ways (that i know of) to do stupid scaling. playing regular scaling gets you no where.

Not to mention the availability and cost of the some of the fun uniques for melee voidforge/saviour.

Yes you can invest 900 divines into a melee and kill ubers. The question just becomes, why. outside of the love for playing melee.

You would never take some random person and recommend them a melee build to farm bosses. That is what you need to consider. If you could then you could say that melee was fine.
Last edited by Lonnie455Rich on Apr 29, 2024, 8:32:15 AM
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

If you go watch alkaizers video on how he killed ubers on boneshatter, that is your average melee experience on ubers. The amount of time it takes to kill makes it a waste of time. Unless you have some weird scaling shenanegins its going to feel awful.

Just pointing this out here but doing ubers on Boneshatter is like the worst bossing experience you can have as melee. Using Heavy Strike is actually better because Trauma as your main damage source is just a nightmare. You're half way done ramping -> boss goes invulnerable -> start from scratch rinse repeat. It's why BS is considered a mapping skill by most people, you need to have a serious maso fetish to do bosses on it unless you completely outscale them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info