Ice Crash of Cadence is nice but,

there's no way the player is able to see anything while attacking.
Doesn't matter if theres many enemies or just one. That thick white cloud of blindness consumes everything else.

Fighting a boss? Want to see which way to dodge it's attacks? Nope.
Fighting a rare or multiple? Want to see if there's exploding purple crystals under your feet, or those lightning "pylons"? Nope.

The game could use an option to reduce the visuals of skills (low/mid/full for example). I know, that doesn't make sense when the game is selling mtx for skill effects. :D
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2024, 1:14:21 AM
"
Crossfader wrote:
there's no way the player is able to see anything while attacking.
Doesn't matter if theres many enemies or just one. That thick white cloud of blindness consumes everything else.

Fighting a boss? Want to see which way to dodge it's attacks? Nope.
Fighting a rare or multiple? Want to see if there's exploding purple crystals under your feet, or those lightning "pylons"? Nope.

The game could use an option to reduce the visuals of skills (low/mid/full for example). I know, that doesn't make sense when the game is selling mtx for skill effects. :D

This is an issue with a lot of melee skills that attack in a radius around you.

Not only do they suck, you dont get to dodge ground effects either. Exarch runes are a nightmare with these skills.
yep, played it on a meme setup (Guardian for flat damage from Relics), got Multistrike and while the damage and general playstyle was fine i just couldnt see

Ice Crash animation has been made for slow, slam playstyle. not for an attack with .09s attack time covering 80% of the screen

keep the skill and numbers but ffs it is time for animation fidelity slider
How about we get gamma correction before working on animation effect sliders.
"
mnieradko wrote:
How about we get gamma correction before working on animation effect sliders.

If you need that so desperately that you feel the need to hijack other people's threads, software by AMD and Nvidia can adjust those settings per game

However, this has nothing to do with the issue described here
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Apr 27, 2024, 6:47:51 PM
I was messing with this skill myself and quickly noted the visual issue before even finishing the campaign with that character. I then dropped it knowing it wouldn't be viable without MTX.

Skill MTX is one thing I will not buy until PoE2 releases as there's no guarantee between games.

So yea, shelved it.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
I'd also like to add to this discussion: why doesn't this skill work with hollow palm? Regular IC does, and the special thing about Cadence is the dual wield interaction (which Hollow Palm always is).
Last edited by ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate on Apr 28, 2024, 3:09:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info