Vaal Frags not spawning vaal side areas?

Good day, all,

I thought I remembered that adding a vaal frag in the map device spawned a vaal side area in maps. I have run around 15-20 maps with them now and have only had a vaal side area spawn twice...

I am running a strongbox atlas tree w/ 2x anarchy scarabs per map - Dunes map.

Do I have too much content (strongboxes) that it is cancelling out the vaal side area, or, am I just missing something?

Appreciate the feedback.
Last edited by bodierox on Apr 26, 2024, 3:01:06 PM
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2024, 1:48:56 AM
Vaal Frags only add 5% quantity. As far as I know, they have never added side areas. A long time ago, you could run a single frag (without a map) and get a single vaal area, but don't know if that's the case anymore.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Vaal Frags only add 5% quantity. As far as I know, they have never added side areas. A long time ago, you could run a single frag (without a map) and get a single vaal area, but don't know if that's the case anymore.

ah crap...

I must have misinterpreted it then.. smh..
For some reason, the resources I found when searching seemed to read as though it would case a side area to spawn inside of a map.
"
Phrazz wrote:

Still is, one frag gets you a side area.
Great in SSF for farming 5l/6L.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
if you use a vaal fragment WITH A NORMAL MAP, you get 5% increased quantity

if you use a vaal fragment BY ITSELF (nothing else in the map device), you get a vaal side area INSTEAD of a map.
you can get a vaal side area with one frag

you cannot get a vaal side area with one frag + an actual map item
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
And for completeness:
You can get a special Vaal Side Area when you put in 4 different Vaal fragments in the right order - The Apex of Sacrifice
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
And for completeness:
You can get a special Vaal Side Area when you put in 4 different Vaal fragments in the right order - The Apex of Sacrifice

It is not count as vaal side area
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info