New scarab system

Hi GGG

For QOL, I give it 10/10 on that.
I can run a lot of maps continuously. at this point it beats the old sextant system.

However, in term of juicing. it's pretty bad !!
I really love new scarab system on early of stage of game.
But for endgame farming. it's suck.

I almost quit this league because of that.
I love doing 80% delirium juicing but this league it's pretty suck.

well there's 2 main reasons that make new scarab system suck.
1. it's not juiced enough
I'm not sure GGG really want to nerf overall of juiced mapping or not.
previously we can farm like, beyond + strongbox + strongboxenrage + breach compass. and for scarab we can use, reliquary + strongbox + breach + divination.
Imagine how juicy is this.
A question is what scarab combination in 3.24 can make it juicy like 50% of previously we can juice ?

2. scarab rarity make it sucks.
previously all endgame farming is based on sextant rolling weight and price will never going crazy
so it make things way easier to access than current high valuable scarab.

I believe 99% of players never use Divination Scarab of Curation.
and more than half of players who using it are party play.
this is pretty bad !!

In Ziz & Mark inverview video I watched before 3.24 was release, I feel pretty good about new scarab can make we, all players, can farm any of maps we like and can get any divination card from others map. the idea is pretty good !!.

but in reallity, those scarabs are pretty rare and expensive and most of solo players won't use it unless you have a way to juice that much (and yes 99% of solo players can't do that lol)

if this scarab still exists in the future with this rarity rate I'll being so disappointed.

========== Suggestion ============
to make map more juicy like previously we can farm.
please bring back polished and gilded version of scarabs of extra content like lgeion/breach/abyss/strongbox/etc
you can let Kirac sell that kind of scarab for us.
for example.
global drop > legion scarab [add 1 legion, limit to 4]
Kirac shop > polished legion scarab [add 2 legion, limit to 2, cost 2 legion scarab]
Kirac shop > gilded legion scarab [add 3 legion, limit to 1, cost 4 legion scarab]

so If I wanna farm legion, i may use like
1 gilded legion scarab + legion scarab of officers + legion scarab of eternal conflict + reliquary scarab.
it would be juicy like we ever juice !!

Last edited by evilband7 on Apr 22, 2024, 7:49:44 AM
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2024, 8:30:28 PM
why are there no scarabs for heist? or did I miss them or something?
A corrupted 20 quality triple scarab T16 map post patch feels way worse in loot than an "alch and go" zero quality 4-5 mod no scarab T10-12 pre patch, with comparable atlas layouts in both case targeting the same content, such as strongboxes and ritual. Like I reopen the same rare strongbox 5 times and I'm likely to get nothing but a pile of useless rares.

I also love how all the scarabs above the basic ones don't guarantee the content which they promote. Did GGG forget that the atlas nodes for a particular piece of content typically don't guarantee that content? They want us forking out chaos orbs at the map device every time to guarantee the content while destroying chaos orb (and other) drop rates below T17?
Last edited by mnieradko on Apr 26, 2024, 6:22:54 PM
it seems that all the loot is in T17 because once i got to farm that I never looked back at t16 maps, I simply slotted a corrupted 8-mod map scarab and farmed those t16 maps for bulk sales - not to actually run them.

T17 definitely a future of farming and juicing. They have more quant and pack size than almost any 8-mod T16 map AND they have those ludicrous currency and scarab multipliers. I actually like T17 in how hard they are - they can't be farmed by some cringeworthy paper-thin MF build that's held together by headhunter alone.

Scarabs are hit and miss.

-Divination scarab of Curation was showcased in the league reveal as a cool way to farm your div cards in maps you actually like to run. Crimson Temple for the umpteenth league sucks. I was looking forward to using that. But I didn't. It's impossible to pay this back in single player non-MF gameplay.

-Breach has six scarabs as the only mechanics in the game and they all suck.

-Heist has 0 scarabs even though GGG actually made new scarabs mid-league.

There are too many scarab nodes on the atlas passive skill tree. They feel mandatory to take because you are running maps all the time thus you always benefit from this.

I like removing sextants, good riddance, that system was horrible to deal with. Basically impossible to properly use this SSF, you HAD to use tft for keeping your sanity.

I have overall feeling that atlas endgame strategies have been dumbed down. You no longer combo league mechanics together but instead you go balls deep into one choice mechanic. Back in 3.23 and earlier leagues you would set up your strategy like that:

-winged expedition scarab
-winged blight scarab
-some 2 trash scarabs to add mobs
+100% runic monster marker sextant
+oils tier sextant
+contain harvest sextant
+yellow plant sextant

You were given enough resources to properly max out 2 full league mechanics and one minor one like harbi or strongbox.

Now you focus on 1 mechanic. And you're thin on points because you spend like 50 of them in scarab and map modifier strength clusters. And current league mechanic juice ofc (this is an odd design decision - it surely is a risky one and I think this backfired. The placement in extreme outskirts of the atlas tree kinda sucks there. If it was 4 clusters in the central region, where quant wheel is - then i would welcome this)
Try this:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-atlas-skill-tree/AAAABgAAhAAfB4gIPwn4ChkKqgsKC3EM4A9jFHcXFBfLG04fZh_EH_Yo0CqEKsAsei2TLoswAzJLM-Q4bzjyO58-Qj5fPzRBjEOpR89KDkpfTCFPYU_YUBdRglP7VPFYRVk8Wn1azlvZW_Nc2V23XipgIWK5Y7VmtWcuZ-loQGxJbf1xC3Ggc4t0-nX2djp2wnjqegh6_X0TgPCEboZZiBmIbYloitGLGI0pjoiP1JF9kiySTJQZlyScK51enYegXaQ2p4KsEKwfr8G0hrX9uky7KrvrvzjGM8bQx7PI5c6R0FDQotSH1lvhi-Kn4zflj-qN6tXs5e7B7671TPfk-Pr5APow-rL7zvzk_cn-3gAA

Chisel, Alch and corrupt T16 maps and stock up on the ones that don't have crippling mods since map effect is high.

Click Ambush on map device and eater influence.
Add: 2x ambush scarabs, 1x Ambush scarab of discernment, 1x Ambush Scarab of Hidden Compartments. (all these should be fairly affordable and has decent drop rate)

Run the map and have fun. No magic find needed but if the exiles and ghost trigger it helps a little but is not vital for this strat. With the eater altars you really push it high anyway.

Super fun and LOTS of drops.

If your build is insane do it in T17 maps (dear lord it hurts though :P )

This even works on standard. Drops good amounts of T17 maps too.

Enjoy
Last edited by arknath on Apr 26, 2024, 8:58:52 PM
Tried your strat on a chiseled corrupted high mod T16 full clear minus a few torment atlas nodes and the combined strongboxes didn't yield me a single chaos orb.

Good game, I think I'm done with this patch.
"
mnieradko wrote:
Tried your strat on a chiseled corrupted high mod T16 full clear minus a few torment atlas nodes and the combined strongboxes didn't yield me a single chaos orb.

Good game, I think I'm done with this patch.

Riiiight. So you are just trolling then. Nice to get it confirmed I guess.
I wish I was trolling man. The strongboxes gave me some chromatic and jeweler orbs. Are those the new chaos orbs so chaos orbs are now like divine orbs?

I could alch and go on a 4 mod T10 before the patch and consistently yield better results than what your strat just did for me.

Wait, the strongboxes did give me about 1000 rare items. Should I sit there identifying them manually to maybe sell 1 of them for a few chaos? Is that the new endgame now for the peasants?

If postpatch T16 is about as rewarding as prepatch T5, can we nerf the difficulty down appropriately so I don't need spell suppression cap? That would be great, thanks.
Last edited by mnieradko on Apr 27, 2024, 3:33:20 PM
Yea please don't run strongbox their scarab are going to cost less its more money for me.

Please keep saying they are bad.
Why am I still here

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info