Battery Staff + arcanist brand + brand recall costing mana AND ES 2,789,945,752

Bug when using a Battery Staff with Brand Recall + automation and Arcanist brand, blade vortex, on another 6L chest results in automation costing both mana AND Energy shield. This does not seem intended, and seems like it should pick the cost of the brands, mana, for the %20 per brand cost, and the mana cost for brand recall should cost ES. When i reverse the gems, automation and recall on chest, blade vortex and arcanist brand on staff i still spend mostly mana when using brand recall.

https://imgur.com/a/zubLme1
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2024, 6:48:13 AM
I think the issue is arcane surge. as soon as it is slotted the brands via brand recall start costing mana in either set up
Brand Recall makes you pay twice with Arcanist Brands.
1. Spends 20% of Brand's Cost - for recall.
2. For brands activation after recall.

Spends a portion of each recalled brand's cost to cause it to activate line is inaccurate. To my surprise, during this research, I stumbled upon my own post about Brand Recall wierd interaction with blood magic I didn't remeber writting. According to the wiki, things changed since then.
Spends 20% of Brand's Cost is considered a cost now (must be for quite a while), but I haven't found any documented changes on this.

Generally brands activate for free, but Arcanist Brand's activation is a trigger, which has a cost. So when you recall 5 Arcanist Brands you additionally pay 5 triggering costs after recall. That's why you experience mana loss, Arcanist brand are socketed not in the staff, so the triggering costs mana. Arcane Surge doesn't seem to change anything from my test.

upd. deleted last paragraph, it was about one allegedly inconsistent interaction I found out while testing, but turns out it's not the case.
Last edited by MonaHuna on Apr 29, 2024, 8:04:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info