I need some help with my build

Okay so, as it appears my username is Hyacathinose on here.

I have difficulties using pob, but you can search my username on poeplanner and select TheCobaltBaron.

I had an idea for a build that's never been done before... at the same time it may be self explanatory.

My minions do plenty of damage and don't die, but I have difficulty, probably because of my low hp? 4770 hp. I tried shaper, it one hit ko'ed me. Tier 7 rare maps -0 problems, past that difficulties.

Yes I know I'm using too many uniques. When I get the 1000 str for baron helmet through passives I plan to swap to a convoking wand. I annointed my amulet and currently have 136 chaos res, but can swap to a different ring and give my minions my aegis or use a pure high armor shield.

People keep speaking to me about spell supression.

From my experience with the game: Every class has at most one or two layers of defence, and numbers are more important than variety, so I guess I really should up my armor to something better like... 40k.

Zombie baron. Zombies do damage, srs with infernal legion die in 10 seconds, which with the jewel I have on gives me 2% hp per srs and 4% to my zombies. The only problem is it heals all of the minions equally but il does 40% so it's not such a problem.

I can get another passive for 5% minion healing and I have another jewel for 4% minion hp and 2% hp for me.

Srs are expendable, they have low hp, so bosses aoe them fast, healing my zombies, should they live it would turn into a high dps build with infernal legion. It's still lots of life regen, but I need way more defence and hp for it to work, ideally if I can reach 10,000 hp and maybe even 60,000 armor with better equips.

Let me know how I would make it a bit better, which content I can do to farm currency with it. Maybe there's a pure phys pinnacle boss that doesn't splash the whole screen that I can farm I don't know. Delve perhaps? Not many uniques in it that I'm aware of other than the kind found in maps...
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2024, 3:06:54 AM
Hi,
Not a Minion expert but have done several minion characters including a Zombie Baron build in 3.14 (My first League). Happy to give you some feedback and ideas to improve your build.

Was there a reason for choosing a Juggernaut over Necromancer or Guardian classes? The synergy between the ascendancy and minions isn't clear to me.

I don't want to crush your dreams, but you have a lot of skill points and gem sockets invested in regen for yourself and your minions. Just something to consider. You can also get leech for your minions very easily with minion mastery or on a ghastly eye jewel.

Skill Gems.
Gem levels are very important for minion builds and are a great way to scale both the damage and life pool of your zombies (and other minions).
You can gain a lot of extra damage by adding some additional skill and optimizing your support gems.

Raise Spectre - I'm not sure what the current meta is for these. But just simple Carnage Chieftain & Host Chieftain Apes from Ashen Fields in Act 6 will give your minions frenzy and power charges.

Feeding Frenzy Support - you can link this to your golem or spectres to grant buffs to your dps minions

Generosity Support - link this to your damage auras to increase their effect on minions. Don't link this to defence auras like determination or vitality this will only make them effect your minions and not you.

Convocation - Calls all of your minions back to you. Great for defence when you're being directly targeted, and all your minions have deserted you.

Impale Support & Dread Banner - Purely Phys damage minions without crit have a very low damage ceiling. Impale will provide a huge damage boost. (A lot of builds use elemental conversion for this reason)

Vulnerability Curse - Will significantly increase damage for bosses/rares.

Offering skill - Flesh Offering, Bone Offering, Spirit Offering
to buff attack/defence. Often setup in an auto triggered configuration with Desecrate to reliably create corpses and then consume them.

Determination - This will significantly add to your armour, and also buff your minions defences.

Pride - nearby enemies take increased physical damage

Shield Charge & Faster Attacks - personal preference, but great for moving quickly when mapping.

Summon Holy Relic - You have this in your boots, but you don't have any skills to trigger the nova spell. You need a skill with a high (controllable) hit rate to make this work effectively. the most common are Cyclone or Static Strike

You will need to invest some points into Reservation Efficiency on the skill tree to fit more Aura skills into your build. It won't be possible to add all of the skills above, just some ideas to experiment with.

Items
First thing to know about minions is unless a stat on an item states that it effects minions, allies, or global it won't apply to your minions.
The unique sceptre you currently use really only provides strength, and some cast speed. I would suggest changing this as soon as possible. A cheap option would be something like +2 Maata's Teachings unique sceptre. This would also allow you to use Summon Holy Relic (Which won't work with a convoking wand for static strike or cyclone for Summon Holy Relic)

This would let you swap to a rare pair of gloves with strength to make up for the sceptre, along with other useful stats. can also craft minion damage with bench and Eldrich implicit. Overall, you wouldn't lose much life due to the extra gem levels.

There are a lot of other item combos that really work well together. I suggest watching a few videos by minion build streamer to pick up some inspiration.

Flasks
This is the easiest place to get corrupted blood immunity & Bleed removal early on. (Very common reason to die)
You should really only need 2 life flasks at most.
Suggest Rumi's Concoction Granite flask for extra armour & bonus block. Sulphur flask for helping minions (and you) for bosses. "Gain 3 charges when hit" is probably the best prefix for you. use bench to use when full to automate them. 20% quality your flasks. (do this at normal quality, costs less)

Minion Stats
Your minions also have their own separate stats the same as you.
Zombies use attack skills - so you need to make sure they have enough accuracy to have 100% hit chance.
Resistances, Phys damage reduction, energy shield, etc. There are ways to improve all of these to improve minion survival. Just pouring more life back into them won't always be enough.

General
Your life pool is pretty decent and on par with a lot of life-based builds, but the amount of life you are reserving is a lot and making you more susceptible to one shots. Getting to 90% damage reduction and raising your max resistances will also help.

Sorry, I've typed far more than intended. Hopefully not too much information to take in. Some of the info above is just my own personal experience, so there may well be better options. Hopefully others also provide some feedback.
Everything above intended to encourage and provide ideas to experiment with, don't feel discouraged. This game has a very steep learning curve.

Keep at it dude, you'll get there.
Good luck.
Last edited by BRDSCH75 on Apr 23, 2024, 10:09:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info