Paper armor? What i am doing wrong?

My stats:

witch/elementalist
all res capped
physical damage reduction = 70%
chance to evade attacks = 85%
spell damage suppression = chance 100%

I am getting wretched in T16 with simple map mods. What I do wrong? What I shall improve to ca survive a little more?

Last edited by T000 on Apr 19, 2024, 9:34:24 AM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2024, 10:23:15 PM
Your life is very low.
Your resists are not overcapped properly: +25% for all ele resists at least, chaos does not need overcapping for random mapping.
Your phys mitigation is low considering your low life. The value in character stats is also wrong vs incoming high damage. See https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Armour for example.

Quick look at your gear shows that it could be improved easily in trade league. Flasks for example got no suffixes.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Standart resists 75% - is like just a game base, you supposed to try have at least 80% on end-game characters + other sources of elemental mitigation(Like Solaris pantheon 8%, Fortify, Arctic armour and stuff like that).

14k armour - is a joke, the calculations 70% estimate a white mob hits reduction not - crazy Rares/Uniques hit ones.

With such low life amount you want least 60-70k armour, not 14k.
Also preferably mods like 8% of phys taken as fire/Lightning damage in Chest/Helmet mods.

What about pantheon you are using?

With such low life amount - u should only using full upgraded Solaris pantheon for Crit- trains immune,also some elemental/phys damage reduction.
Also -30/60% reduced damage taken from crits in the tree - are very helpfull.

You life recovery at 350hp/sec - is pointless, until you have some life gain on attacks,or some crazy overleech with instant %.

I'd say your life pull is main problem , since its not life/ES hybrid with 80% resists and so on.
If you not recovering that life amount with combined methods in like 1.5-2seconds wtihout life flasks, its pretty hard not to be dead on this character.

Your evasion rating is pretty decent - but it's still not guarantee, that you will never get hitted by big "projectiles" packs of mobs.
You still wanna some extra " minus accuracy rating" of packs, chance to blind mobs on attacks, or carrying Dread/Defiance banner, for extra accuracy/Crits mobs reduction.

What about bleed/Elemental ailments/Damage overtime - reductions/Avoidance/immunes - do you have any?

On such low life - preferablyt to have some ailments immunes at least - like Frozen/Poison, or bleeding maybe.
Little damage over time pantheon for Overtime reduction, or bleed reduction pantheon.

The simple map mods in this league can still nukes pretty hard - thanks to unavoidable Lantern of Arimor haunted bonuses in each map - which can be pretty crazy - like "Mobs have 600% increased accuracy rating/Critical Rating, 120% increased damage, Monsters fires 3x Additional projectiles and so on".

You can't dodge mods like this even if you are doing blue t16's alteration/augmentation maps, that looks simple.
Last edited by FreshMeat93 on Apr 20, 2024, 10:28:58 AM
"
T000 wrote:

all res capped

That's your main misunderstanding in terms of t16's maps.

Capped res 75% - are base when you start doing first maps progression in the atlas.

If we are talking about endgame - you can only say " All resists are capped " - when they are - 90%.

Ok not 90% maybe, but at least 86-87%.

This is what called "capped" for end-game.
Oh, ok, understand now, I was thinking your are capped at 75% resist. Looks like you can go higher, I never know that!!!

Thanks for all answers guys, really help me!
Petrified blood reduces damage form Hits ONLY.

You most likely die from Bleed / Ignite / Poison

I would recommend getting bleed removal on your life flask, because steelskin most likely wont save you sometimes with your HP numbers when it's on cooldown, and taking a minor pantheon against ignite (or bleed)

Last edited by Gamingtwink on Apr 21, 2024, 4:53:34 PM
"
T000 wrote:
Oh, ok, understand now, I was thinking your are capped at 75% resist. Looks like you can go higher, I never know that!!!

Thanks for all answers guys, really help me!

You got some bad advice....you do NOT need to overcap your resistances beyond 75%. With 100% suppress, you likely aren't dying to elemental damage, you are dying to physical damage. There are plenty of builds that never go beyond 75% resistances and function just fine. And unless you are heavy investing into pushing this into the mid 80s - 90cap, the gains you get from +max resists are far less than any of the other things you could invest in.

You want: endurance charges, pantheon, phys taken as x element, reduced physical damage taken, more armor.

But your PRIMARY issue is none of the above: you simply do not have enough life. You want to shoot for 4500+ life on your current build, 5000+ if you can get it. Go for that first, and then worry about the rest of the things I wrote above. For survival, the MOST IMPORTANT stat on every single piece of your gear should be t1 life. Everything else is secondary, unless its keeping your resists capped at 75% or topping off stat requirements.

I repeat: you do NOT need to waste currency and passives overcapping your resistances, it will help sure but it is not the problem with your survivability.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 21, 2024, 10:16:53 PM
I'd like to comment here... anyway if your playing softcore I would suggest learning glass cannon defenses first and just focus on having enough damage for harder content. Also a vast majority of your defenses should come from just dodging attacks / spells and always being moving if you stand still you basically take 100% more damage in this game.

By this I mean just pick up a cheap 6link cloak of flames armour and a good defensive shield and your good to go for beginning end game.

Once you get more currency or w/e you can then focus on the good defensive setups people use with semi expensive unique like forth vow / lorweave / lightning coil with a defiance of destiny or some other mechanic to cheese recovery. Most of these setups require expensive jewels and stuff to really min max.

Also a lot of ppl get the problem of hitting like 90s and not being able to live long enough to level again. One easy solution is to just make your maps less harder like rolling them magic or w/e can take 100% or more damage in mods from them. I'v played this game forever and I barely get enough moneys to go past easy t16 maps most of the time doing fun builds.

Oh I was also gona say after looking at your build a bit more few things I noticed. First you don't really benefit much from being petrifyed blood in your current setup you generally want to reserve 50% of your life when running it and your mostly using it because you have some advantage by going low life like pain attenment keystone or an item. Second I notice you don't have any damage mods on your rings or gloves they are key places to pick up a little extra damage. Yes rings like that are more expensive but still it helps.
Oh and please roll an instant life flask it makes a big difference to be able to heal instantly from spike damage.
Last edited by newbutnot on Apr 22, 2024, 2:04:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info