Question about Cover In Ash debuff duration from Xoph's Blood amulet.

Hi, I'm looking for some clarification about duration of cover in ash debuff provided by Xoph's Blood (the upgraded version of the amulet).

The poewiki.net page says that debuff stays forever after first hit of an enemy ("The Covered In Ash mod applied by Xoph's Blood lasts permanently") - the source of that information is Dev's post ( u/viperesque ) on reddit from 7 years ago.

Due to the fact that it was said many years ago and the amulet mod describtion after holding alt says it only last 4 seconds I went and checked it in PVP area when it turned out that debuff in fact lasts only 4 seconds on a player.

It could also be the case that the icon was disappearing after 4 seconds BUT the debuff itself (20% more fire damage and 20% less movemenet speed) last forever. However we've tested in based on the movement speed penalty part of Cover In Ash: it was reduced by 20% and gone back to normal after 4 seconds just right after icon of debuff was missing

So, question is: is wiki info not up to date and debuff does not last forever after first hit, or maybe, and thats the main reason I wanted to ask about that and get some clarification, maybe PVP has different balance, and it last 4 seconds on a player, but in PVE wiki is correct about it.

Has anyone tested it or have more recent info about it?
Will be very grateful for any new info and help.

BTW. Dont know if its the right subforum to post it, so feel free to move it if needed.
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2024, 7:41:03 AM
It may be just ninja nerf or viperesque is wrong
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info