Torment (?) Crash

I've had multiple crashes since yesterday whilst mapping with the only common factor being the involvement of torment (pack spawns a tormented spirit on death/tormented ritual altar), however not every ghost seems to cause a crash, it may be when they are influencing mobs.

They've varied from:
crashing to desktop with no error
freezing and crashing to desktop
crashing to the log in screen
freezing for a good 20s+ then returning to normal

Dynamic culling/resolution kicks in hard around this time also, and since i cannot find any similar reports this may be a case of it being MY problem however it has only been an issue since yesterday (the patch maybe?)

Can provide more info if needed,
thank you

Last bumped on Apr 22, 2024, 2:35:01 AM
+1 to this.

I was having random maps keep crashing on me, and no matter what, if I re-entered the map it would hard-crash after 10 seconds or so.

I realized it was because of the devoted mod that spawns tormented packs on death, and later on when I tried a T17, the "Rare and unique mobs spawn a tormented spirit when on low health" also causes the same hard-crash.

What's weird is that it doesn't matter if the mob spawns in the spirit or not. I tried the devoted mod and put a Meatsack allflame on it, so there would only be that one mob in the entire map that would spawn the spirit. I killed it early on, game crashed as expected, then I loaded back in and killed the spirit, and still the map ended up crashing consistently afterwards.

Disabling multi-threading can cause it to not crash, although this only worked about 80% of the time for me so it doesn't fix it everytime. Tried both renderers too and dropping graphics quality all the way down to 800x600 resolution and it still crashes upon spawning a spirit from these mechanics.

Spirits on their own as natural spawns work fine.

CPU is a 5800x3d, GPU is a 4070. DDR4 3600Mhz RAM, game's installed on an NVME SSD. Wasn't having this issue until the hotfix patch for 3.24.0c on Apr 7th.
~3945 18/12/2023
Yes I always crash to Loginscreen after a 15 Seconds freez or so. I and another one also made a Bug report, but no response from GGG
I have the same problem, still waiting for fix. .
Exactly the same problème (there is never an error message)
"They've varied from:
crashing to desktop with no error
freezing and crashing to desktop
crashing to the log in screen
freezing for a good 20s+ then returning to normal -> that never happens always back to login screen for me"

I do shrines, torment, eater, directX12
+1

also been crashing hard woth no error no nothing on every 3rd spirit sometimes i can play for 1h nothing then i get the league mechanic tormented spirits on death and i cant finish a map withouth wasting all portals to crash also tried ritual spirits also crashed reinstalled game deleted cache tried all 3 vulcan x11 x12 something about spirits is very wrong sometimes i crash when they spawn sometimes when then go into the enemy sometimes when i just see em idk also strarted to happen since the patch i think
For my own case, the "Vampiric Soul Amulet" mtx is causing this problem.
I've tried to remove it and there is no more freezing.
Once I put it back, the freeze come back.
I'd like to report that I'm crashing with torment related scarabs and atlas passives of releasing a ghost when collecting a corpse. It does not happen every map.

I crash to desktop with two errors, and I've yet to get a picture of them but one said something like "Missing frostbolt file", I will edit this post if I get the pictures. I verified the files with steam and no luck. Windows 11, steam client.
Last edited by TheFARMBOT2000 on Apr 22, 2024, 3:40:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info