Remove Detonate Dead gems and from monsters

Am I the only one who thinks detonate dead mechanics are broken in this game? It's broken damage. Ban DD in gauntlet, OK we will use cremation and volatile dead... anything with corpse explosions will almost always beat the other gems in the game due to the corpse life scaling.

I really think DD should just be taken out of the game both skill gems and monsters. That's what kills me almost every time in HC random corspe explode. Every tool I make shouldn't need corpse clear there is already way too many ground effects with bad animations.
Last edited by Jradlot21 on Mar 9, 2024, 12:18:48 PM
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2024, 4:52:59 PM
I personally like the spice of knowing it'll wreck me. Makes it more fun.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
Thematically its very cool and I can see why it's not going anywhere soon. Its just way overused at the moment in my opinion. On the player side of things there are better skills, but %corpse life scaling is just broken as a means for getting flat damage for basically free. I would like to think they could bring it in line so it does not consistently outperform every other spell without gear.
"
Jradlot21 wrote:
there is already way too many ground effects with bad animations.

This is more the problem than anything else, the game feels like a twitch shooter more than an ARPG sometimes
no man, we need more skill gems, not less.. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Mar 10, 2024, 11:01:21 PM
"
Jradlot21 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks detonate dead mechanics are broken in this game? It's broken damage. Ban DD in gauntlet, OK we will use cremation and volatile dead... anything with corpse explosions will almost always beat the other gems in the game due to the corpse life scaling.

I really think DD should just be taken out of the game both skill gems and monsters. That's what kills me almost every time in HC random corspe explode. Every tool I make shouldn't need corpse clear there is already way too many ground effects with bad animations.

Yeah, it stings being on the wrong end of DD. :o)
Oh the fun many years ago when Kole left a corpse that the other dudes around him could explode...

I think it's a bit of a hassle using DD, so I have no problem with it staying in the game.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Removing DD is not necesary. Rebalacing it to not scale from health of corpse is enough.
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
Jradlot21 wrote:

This is more the problem than anything else, the game feels like a twitch shooter more than an ARPG sometimes

It's a disco laser fiesta, just close your eyes and hope for the best.
"
poeGT wrote:
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
Jradlot21 wrote:

It's a disco laser fiesta, just close your eyes and hope for the best.

I thouhgt for a while that there was no worse game than PoE in that regard.
But have any of you played Bloons TD6, especially higher rounds?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Aynix wrote:
Removing DD is not necesary. Rebalacing it to not scale from health of corpse is enough.

Good point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info