PoE2 Shadow Class Mechanic and Slower Skills Suggestion (IF NOT TOO LATE)

Hi everyone

Yesterday i was dreaming about Path of Exile 2, and two cool ideas came into my mind and i would like to share them with you <3.
Probably its too late to be implemented for its first release, but maybe for recent future?

First one:
Give some Shadow Ascendency a Shadow Skill.
Wouldn't be really cool having a Dark Smoky Shadow who follows your character during your adventure and replicates your dagger/claw skills with a weaker version of it on nearby monsters?
My ideia is being an Ascendency from Assassin who gives you a reservation skill that creates this shadow (cost Spirit), it also gives you an active skill that when you press it your character swap places with it and ambush enemies around. (yeah zed vibes), never seen this in an action rpg before.
It would definitly make Shadow unique, just like GGG is aiming for every class in Poe2.

Second one:
I think it requires a disclaimer and alot of work by GGG

Disclaim: Skills with slow cast time have a problem in its nature when part of an action game, the feeling that you are 'waiting for something to happen', kinda goes against action philosophy.

how to adress that:
i'm gonna use Rolling Slam from Warrior as an example, if you dont remind Rolling Slam, here is the mathil gameplay in exilecon, minute 6:05 :
https://youtu.be/It6HVZARLvs?t=362

Why not make players having to press AND hold the button to release all the skill potential? Yet, why dont divide every slow skill into three different 'parts', the weaker one happens if you just press the button, a better one after holding an amount of time, and the stronger one after hold full time?

For Rolling Slam:
Just Pressing: a big hit on the air.
Hold1: one turn and hit the ground
Hold2: two turns and hit the ground twice.

not makes you stuck during animation and rewards you for knowing the moment to hold an release its full power, i think it makes alot of sense.

thats it, i hope you guys appreciate it too, and i'm open to discuss modifications and additions , make it reach GGG and stay sane.

Last edited by _Vince on Mar 8, 2024, 11:51:43 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2024, 10:32:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info