Followup on alt gem removal and trans gems

Please put something in this next patch that makes standard worth playing again. Right now no one I play with in standard wants to play anymore, including me.

Build diversity choices and player power is massively diminished after the removal of alt gems.

Last edited by Jhiroth on Mar 6, 2024, 12:13:43 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2024, 6:14:13 AM
hoho if you were serious you would post in Feedback and Suggestions. this thread will go unanswered like all the rest.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
First they need to remember standard even exists.
"
Jhiroth wrote:
Please put something in this next patch that makes standard worth playing again. Right now no one I play with in standard wants to play anymore, including me.

Build diversity choices and player power is massively diminished after the removal of alt gems.

I really miss alt blood rage and berserk. Free frenzy charges from BR, and 53% increased attack damage with 20/23 and ashes from berserk was outstanding. The new gems definitely pack some power though. The new general's cry and blade flurry gems are much better than their predecessors.

Remember they removed all lab enchants at the same time too. Personally, I consider that a much more heavy-handed nerf. The boot enchants were excellent and losing things like 30% increased berserk effect is a big gut.

Oh Well. It feels silly complaining when the power creep per league is so prominent. Especially when my strongest build came out Stronger and with expensive legacy gear...
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
Remember they removed all lab enchants at the same time too. Personally, I consider that a much more heavy-handed nerf. The boot enchants were excellent and losing things like 30% increased berserk effect is a big gut.

Yes. For example, 18% reduced Mana Cost of Skills if Hit Recently simply went poof and there isn't enough on the tree to make up for it when you already grabbed most of the nodes. That nerf cost me several passive points that weren't necessary prior.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
GGG doesn't care about what they break.
Just play the current broken thing bro and plug all the gaping ever multiplying holes in your builds with their new endgame exclusive, as broken as they are hard to acquire, unique items.

All my builds get weaker with each balance pass and have to use a lesser toolkit vs more and more buffed up mobs.

It really turns me off from investing time. Cause even if I will came up with a stronger build it will just become obsolete over time.

GGG seems to care more about creating and shifting metas than about actual balance and I find myself less and less in the mood of chasing the "current thing".
Last edited by Bosscannon on Mar 7, 2024, 8:05:44 AM
"
Bosscannon wrote:
GGG doesn't care about what they break.
Just play the current broken thing bro and plug all the gaping ever multiplying holes in your builds with their new endgame exclusive, as broken as they are hard to acquire, unique items.

All my builds get weaker with each balance pass and have to use a lesser toolkit vs more and more buffed up mobs.

It really turns me off from investing time. Cause even if I will came up with a stronger build it will just become obsolete over time.

GGG seems to care more about creating and shifting metas than about actual balance and I find myself less and less in the mood of chasing the "current thing".

This is actually by design, change keeps you interested. If they never balanced people would complain the game was stale.

unless you play melee you're not getting the shaft most likely. There are ways to solve your problems. Since spell suppression became a thing bottom left has gotten the shaft. Now fourth vow xibaqua is the only good way to stay alive in hc as a non suppression melee. Even 90 all res with 5500 hp on a chieftan feels like paper compared to suppression with 4k hp and 75 all res on a pf with triple ele flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info