Legendary Potential from LE

This is a system that I kinda didn't really see before, because usually unique items are set in stone - it is what it is, take it or sell it.

And i can see this system being fucking amazing in terms of what you can do with it. Pick a unique you like, put another rare affix on it. Or a seventh affix on a six affix rare item.

This could function sorta like corruptions but without bricking the entire thing. You get a leg potential item - you have one shot at smuggling the affix you want. Then it is locked forever, if it chose +4 to life from that rare you sacrificed, tough tits. But other stats can still be crafted, divined, item can be vaaled or locused yada yada.

In POE i would limit this to 1 legendary potential cos items can already get insanely strong.
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2024, 12:09:14 AM
crucible league did this somewhat except it was way better than last epochs garbage crafting system.
This game doesn't need more god-mode items.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
crucible league did this somewhat except it was way better than last epochs garbage crafting system.

Came to say this... you're describing Crucible right now OP.

And yeah, it was nuts... I made a void battery with flat/base spell crit, CDR, and some other nonsense which pushed my build up to about 190M single-frame burst damage and I used it to oneshot the Feared.

There's a reason that stuff never went core, and I hope it never comes back.
need crucible but apply global limits to it so you can use crucible to top-off and hole-patch items, ex if 160 lightning damage is the global cap for an item and your item has (unique or normal) 100% increased lightning damage you'd be able to roll up to 60 if you got lucky on the dice rolls.

old uniques become much more relevant and rares might get a little more powerful but their top-end won't change a great deal and the idea of taking a leveling unique all the way through the story into the endgame and then grind that item into something worthy of the endgame sounds fun.

Innocence forgives you
to call LE's system garbage is kinda spiteful if anything.

crucible was largely an RNG fest. crafting a "perfect" crucible tree was a lot of dice rolling and even then you could brick all progress out of nowhere.

if i had to chose, i would prefer LE's legendary potential. a lot of legendaries in LE are weak and the legendary potential makes them have so much potential. but on the flipside end game legendaries that are powerful by default can go crazy bonkers with lp
[Removed by Support]
The current version of the game gives the player access to way too much power. No need for further more player power and power creep spikes.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info