Player thoughts on parts of Affliction going core?

I think we all know that Affliction has zero chance of going core, it would be broken and cause a debacle like Harvest did.

That said, the idea of the wildwood itself going core, without wisps (and their bonuses) but with greater mob density and still the bosses and ascendancies would (imo) add more fun to the core game. Maybe like when Abyss went core, we could get the same ‘10% chance’ to find the league mechanic, go in (getting no wisp bonuses) to Abyss levels of mob density and still find ‘masters’ to work towards the second ascendancy?

Thoughts?
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2024, 8:25:57 PM
"
Timbo Zero wrote:
I think we all know that Affliction has zero chance of going core, it would be broken and cause a debacle like Harvest did.

That said, the idea of the wildwood itself going core, without wisps (and their bonuses) but with greater mob density and still the bosses and ascendancies would (imo) add more fun to the core game. Maybe like when Abyss went core, we could get the same ‘10% chance’ to find the league mechanic, go in (getting no wisp bonuses) to Abyss levels of mob density and still find ‘masters’ to work towards the second ascendancy?

Thoughts?

I agree zero chance that the juice of this league makes it.

I can see ways to balance the rest of it and would welcome it. The place is cool and could be re-used.

Combine Delve Abyss and Wildwood into a parallel endgame to maps so when you're bored of rerolling maps and reading lines of text you can switch brain off and go do that.

Tinctures could just be put into the game with some passive tree "increased effect per empty flask slot" sprinkled around and put into a cluster jewel type.

2nd Ascendancy would need some hefty balancing but damn I love the double class D&D build crafting feel.

Bloodmagic could just be combined with the Warlock node including both 50% reserve reduce and 10% more life and it would be just useable. The power of reserving mana is just too GD good even then and its still purely Bloodthirst/Low Life niche use cases. But at least it would be usable.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info