GGG please make an option to ignore a player so that he could not be able to see my trade posts...

As I wrote in this title,

Some players just hate me for no reason and try to always cut me,
Either they are just price-fixers or just no life haters,

While there is a button which allows me to ignore someone, he will still see my trade if I ignore him using the ignore button then he will just use his

alternate account
(yeah, there are players with multiple accounts even if that is actually forbidden by the TOS) and still buy from me or really try to scam me on some item again and again...
I repported the person but no action against him.

Why wouldn't GGG just allow me to hide my trades on the trade site so that the person that I dislike or tries to constantly scam me, annoy me, undercut me, mock me, have my trades hidden?

What will be the point for me to press that ignore button if he still can see my trade and use alt to buy and/or annoy me with mocking and undercutting my trade or price-fixing it?

There are players who have zero moral values that do that, and there is this solution to make them unaware of your trades if you ignore them, otherwise that ignore button on the website is just useless. You already can ignore someone in game.
Last edited by Mitterand on Mar 4, 2024, 12:59:27 PM
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2024, 8:33:39 AM
I do not understand how someone could get scammed in this game.

There is not a solution here to allow you to block someones alt account from their main one.

This reeks of tinfoil hat. I've never had an interaction in this game where someone would waste their time to harass someone past like a 5-10 minute interaction. People in this game are always in a rush to build their divine empire. This seems like a local issue that you're dealing with.

I don't suspect someone would waste their time doing this unless you're doing something less than ethical as well.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
I do not understand how someone could get scammed in this game.

There is not a solution here to allow you to block someones alt account from their main one.

This reeks of tinfoil hat. I've never had an interaction in this game where someone would waste their time to harass someone past like a 5-10 minute interaction. People in this game are always in a rush to build their divine empire. This seems like a local issue that you're dealing with.

I don't suspect someone would waste their time doing this unless you're doing something less than ethical as well.

Well i wasn't scammed but the guy still spam me scamming trade offers on an item, and cards, and even if I ignored him in game he registered alt characters to do it again. And also I cleared the ignore list. That's why I was asking if you have the ignore button on this trade site - why aren't you allowed to ignored someone so he wouldn't be able to see your item at all?

And there are many situations when you don't want your trades to be seen by some specific player, otherwise the ignore button is not useful, at least for me. Because i cannot see his trades if I ignore him, but he still can see mine.
I seriously doubt someone would waste their time doing this for long.

Not everyone in life is nice, you will have to deal with these people from time to time. Just let it roll off the shoulder while they're being annoying.

There may be an account name change feature. Maybe this would help.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

Not everyone in life is nice, you will have to deal with these people from time to time. Just let it roll off the shoulder while they're being annoying.

i've never dealt with stalkers and think its just something out of the movies.

i've noticed some of my friends' exes/admirers stalking them. "appearing" at places i am at with my friends.

one of them even confronted me for being close to their "fancy".

lol.

some people just have too much free time. whenever i read stuff like what OP posted, i dont doubt them.

[Removed by Support]
Block features should be a baseline standard in essentially any kind of online social network.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

Yeah I would like an account name change feature
"
exsea wrote:
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

i've never dealt with stalkers and think its just something out of the movies.

i've noticed some of my friends' exes/admirers stalking them. "appearing" at places i am at with my friends.

one of them even confronted me for being close to their "fancy".

lol.

some people just have too much free time. whenever i read stuff like what OP posted, i dont doubt them.

This is poe though, not irl. You're in no danger and its easily ignored. If you ignore people like this and don't respond eventually they will get bored. If they're that persistent then it was probably provoked. We're talking about a video game here that most people are of the mindset of efficiency and speed. Not chat trolling people all day. I'm pretty sure you can report people for harassment in game as well.

Idk if ggg does ip bans but if someone is bad enough its probably possible.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

This is poe though, not irl. You're in no danger and its easily ignored. If you ignore people like this and don't respond eventually they will get bored. If they're that persistent then it was probably provoked. We're talking about a video game here that most people are of the mindset of efficiency and speed. Not chat trolling people all day. I'm pretty sure you can report people for harassment in game as well.

Idk if ggg does ip bans but if someone is bad enough its probably possible.

behind every keyboard is a person.

there are real life cases of deranged gamers who seek out other gamers they disliked and went up and killed them.

this is real life. it might seem unhinged and it might not happen to everyone but it CAN happen and it does happen.

you might not feel its big coz you're not affected. i bet you wont be so chill if it actually happened to you or your loved ones.
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info