tormented spirits need to touch more stuff

I specced this and use the scarabs and half the time they just kind of hang out twitching around, they need to get with the tormenting. Other than that, they are hilarious.
Last bumped on Mar 3, 2024, 3:53:02 PM
its the most useless thing in the game right now...i cant believe they got rid of metamorph and prophecy and not torment
For anyone fearing the coming apocalypse from AI, I present the counter argument of: Tormented Spirits!

Their programmed behaviour is nowhere where it needs to be and even back when the game was slower they were never great.

The easy fix is to have them already inhabiting a rare in the area so that you get the tough fight challenge and the extra loot loading.

Agree with the previous poster though, they could just be dropped altogether and a different mechanic substituted. Right now, they're really just pointless.

Let's face it though, GG is entirely focussed on ver 2 and original PoE is just getting the bare minimum, so don't expect any real improvements.
even when i tried to ghost myself it was so hard...most of the times i just gave up because it would take too long for the ghost to finally posses me. it slowed down gameplay so much to babysit the ghost and get him to posses me.

ghosts need to go IMO. add something else instead
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Mar 3, 2024, 6:03:17 AM
"
For anyone fearing the coming apocalypse from AI, I present the counter argument of: Tormented Spirits!

Their programmed behaviour is nowhere where it needs to be and even back when the game was slower they were never great.

The easy fix is to have them already inhabiting a rare in the area so that you get the tough fight challenge and the extra loot loading.

Agree with the previous poster though, they could just be dropped altogether and a different mechanic substituted. Right now, they're really just pointless.

Let's face it though, GG is entirely focussed on ver 2 and original PoE is just getting the bare minimum, so don't expect any real improvements.

Agree, maybe have the rare torment whatever it comes near or something...
Why won't they just replace this with Sentinel?
Ofcourse not 3.18 version where you carry them with you, craft them and recombine them etc. But i can picture Sentinel being implemented like this:

-there is a Sentinel in the map. Click on it and it begins to follow you. It will empower mobs until its battery runs out. It is untargetable, cannot be killed or dismissed or else. These sentinels have random mods just like 3.18 ones did, but they are one use only, just for this map.

Atlas support can include
-found sentinels have more modifiers (better chance for it being Rare)
-found sentinels have longer battery life
-found sentinels spawn 3 rare monsters when activated (and immediately empower them)
-bla bla bla

then there is scarabs
rusted: map conteins +1 sentinel
polished: map contains +2 sentinels
gilded: map contains +2 sentinels and they have 30% more battery life
winged: map contains +3 sentinels and they have 50% more battery life

There you go, nice and simple juicing mechanic.
Torment scarabs should be changed similar to what the atlas passive does.
Instead of spawning spirits it should ADD rare packs pre-possessed.
Would make them useful.
just specced back out, gonna reroll the scarabs, 80% of the time the spirit either twitches back and forth or runs in a random direction from the mobs and gets killed before it can do anything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info