Please add the possibility to view Character gear

Hi GGG Team,

during the last day's I had some trades with, according to them, new players. I chatted with them back and forth and thought about how cool would it be to have a easy way to check their profile/gear, especially because while chatting with someone you only see his char name but not account and then it is getting hard to check who is really behind that char.

2 Options I had in mind for possible implementation:

1. Have a kind of inspect window like in D3 where you can just right click on a name in a chat or player who is in your hideout and click on inspect. Then a window will open that shows some stats of the account, gear of the current char and all other chars this account have in league and/or standard.

2. Instead of opening this gear overview ingame it can also just open a new tab in system browser and show the account page of the respective player.

At least the 2nd option should be easy to be implemented and would help to get more details on with whom you are writing and if the person is really a new player who need support and I happily give him some divines or if this is just a 2nd char of a account with good gear who just want to beg for divines but don't need.

What do you all think about that?
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2024, 8:21:19 AM
So long as it is off by default.

Honestly not interested, it can have it's positive uses but will likely be used to abuse people.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
So long as it is off by default.

Honestly not interested, it can have it's positive uses but will likely be used to abuse people.

abuse? please elaborate?

afaik, PVP is dead and even if you see a person's gear you cant do anything with that information.
[Removed by Support]
I also see here now way to abuse this. It's more a possibility to check how others are geared and will directly help new players to get better support.

Think about new player asking in general chat about help with his gear.. And it take forever to just figure out what he is playing and what gear he is having.. Inspecting his gear directly ingame would be so awesome to help better...

That is really a feature I am missing since long time.
just tell the guy to post all his gear with ctrl+alt.
"
feral_nature wrote:
just tell the guy to post all his gear with ctrl+alt.

This. It takes a few seconds to post all your gear into the chat. The same seconds that it would likely take for you to open the menu and view his gear directly.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 29, 2024, 1:11:45 PM
But that would only work for people who want to share their gear, not to people who just say "Oh, I am new, can you give me some Divines"...

These people will not share their gear or will just link some trash they have in their inv and have a full geared char as 2nd char..
Last edited by Schnuedde on Mar 4, 2024, 6:30:56 AM
"
Schnuedde wrote:
But that would only work for people who want to share their gear, not to people who just say "Oh, I am new, can you give me some Divines"...

These people will not share their gear or will just link some trash they have in their inv and have a full geared char as 2nd char..

Don't ruin my entire playstyle!
"
Schnuedde wrote:

youre probably wasting your divines anyways...

im not saying im against your proposal or theres anything wrong with it, just there is a workaround about it.
I'd like to be able to see the gear on all my own characters while in my HO without having to to each one and open it up. If I want to find where I have been using a particular item it would be very nice to see who is wearing what among all my characters while playing with one.

Seeing the another guy's is less important.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info