is there a king in the mists?

rng is rng, but i havn't found the guy more than once.

ive searched hundreds of times...

i dont want to say "give me for free"
but something about the method of gaining the final
stage in wildwood advancement is unreasonable.

consider uber lab: we had a chance of finding a trial in a map,
took dozens and maybe a hundred of more maps to get all
of the trials we needed. once granted we could reliably
count on getting chances. eventually we would surmount the trial.
might take a wile.... it might require us losing the fight
several times. and running map after map searching. but it was real.

you would eventually meet jerk, and even if you never beat him,
just as the searing exarch, just as the maven.... etc. you WILL reliably face him. its a call to get stronger. so when you meet him on occasion you
can win.

I really actually dont even meet the king of the mists,.

ive tried many ideas to find him. even corrupted rare t14+ I'm told it doesnt
matter about the rarity level, im told a white map can spawn him. ive emptied my entire t14 resevoir multiple times. and decided to hell with it

if the king doesnt show... I might as well juice my map. so ive been getting rich juicing. im more powerful than any other league than that league where
we could put passives on our weapons and shields.... that was the previous best,. if i faced the king 4 times, i would kill him 3 times.

i have faced him once.

I am denied.

no more of this crap.

i honestly expect never to get t4 wildwood.
it just doesnt seem..... real.
Last bumped on Mar 3, 2024, 6:55:15 PM
honestly i prefer him to be this rare because the jewels can be sold for quite a bit.. i sold one for 150 divs. even unidentified they sell for 12 divs. if he was common to find then the prices would go down
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Feb 26, 2024, 12:11:06 AM
The notion that he needs to be "hard to find" so that people, who happen to be more fortunate than others, can charge a pretty penny when the less-fortunate give up on the chase is cynical at best.

I got to see the king in the mists like 4 times so far -- well over a month of T14+ mapping -- four times only. That's a stupendously low encounter rate, to say the very least (In the meantime, I killed basically everything that isn't an uber-pinnacle boss several times over). And then, to top the misery-cake off, it's one chance at a time. Do or die, maybe once a week, if I happen to be lucky.

Most people, who probably also happen to have a life to live and a job to be going after, aren't gonna sell their TWWT anyway. They'll keep their one-of-a-kind trophy, knowing it might take them weeks to get a chance at acquiring another in the first place.

OP is spot on with regards to the difference between Izaro and the walking scarecrow. With Izaro, you'll always get to do fights at reliable intervals, you get to practice the fight (for free and beforehand, several times over) - you arrive prepared, you take away the win, you earned it. King in the mists is all about being lucky to begin with, and then having the required patience and time to spare in order to suck up the first couple losses - odds aren't good people beat him on their first try.

The entire 4th Wildwood ascendancy is an RNG-layer-cake of frustration with whacky simon-says mechanics sprinkled on top of it. Here's hoping this nonsense doesn't go core.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
"
AgnosiousD wrote:

rng is rng, but i havn't found the guy more than once.

ive searched hundreds of times...

i dont want to say "give me for free"
but something about the method of gaining the final
stage in wildwood advancement is unreasonable.

consider uber lab: we had a chance of finding a trial in a map,
took dozens and maybe a hundred of more maps to get all
of the trials we needed. once granted we could reliably
count on getting chances. eventually we would surmount the trial.
might take a wile.... it might require us losing the fight
several times. and running map after map searching. but it was real.

you would eventually meet jerk, and even if you never beat him,
just as the searing exarch, just as the maven.... etc. you WILL reliably face him. its a call to get stronger. so when you meet him on occasion you
can win.

I really actually dont even meet the king of the mists,.

ive tried many ideas to find him. even corrupted rare t14+ I'm told it doesnt
matter about the rarity level, im told a white map can spawn him. ive emptied my entire t14 resevoir multiple times. and decided to hell with it

if the king doesnt show... I might as well juice my map. so ive been getting rich juicing. im more powerful than any other league than that league where
we could put passives on our weapons and shields.... that was the previous best,. if i faced the king 4 times, i would kill him 3 times.

i have faced him once.

I am denied.

no more of this crap.

i honestly expect never to get t4 wildwood.
it just doesnt seem..... real.

hey, if you see me online, usually play as Cronkimus or Corvaxus, send me a pm and add me and I'll invite you the next time I fight him, I do enough mapping I get him a couple times a day. You can keep whatever drops too, although half the time it is the armour or amulet which are mostly meme items. No cost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info