2560x1440 in Windowed Fullscreen on ultra-wide has issues

Hi!

This is general feedback and a feature request/bug fix for ultra-wide monitors with a resolution of 3440 x 1440 on a Windows 10 PC on the latest NVIDIA driver 551.52.

1. Path of Exile (PoE) at 3440 x 1440 in Windowed Fullscreen works perfectly fine.
2. PoE at 2560 x 1440 on an ultra-wide monitor in Windowed Fullscreen does not work fine and causes the game to still display in 3440 x 1440 resolution.
3. PoE at 2560 x 1440 in Fullscreen works as intended.

Issues:
As a content creator, I want to record gameplay in 16:9, so it looks the best on YouTube and show the game in a proper format.

1. On an ultra-wide monitor as mentioned above, this is not possible, due to the game not allowing Windowed Fullscreen at 2560 x 1440 resolution.
2. The game has to be set to Fullscreen which is troublesome in a game that has a variety of third-party tools and may require alt-tabbing in some situations.

Feature Request / Bug Fix:
Option 1: Add an option in the settings to decide what type of screen ratio the player wants. Some games have this and it's incredibly helpful for ultra-wide monitor users. An option that says: 16:9 or 21:9
Option 2: Fixing the issue in which the game doesn't display the selected resolution on an ultra-wide monitor in Windowed Fullscreen.

Hope to see this fixed sooner than later, as this will make things a lot easier when it comes to making content. Thank you!
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2024, 12:40:51 PM
Maybe this old thread is relevant to you:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3294794

They restricted certain resolutions/setups so it's either buggy as a result of that or maybe it's intentional, I'm not sure.
"
Mmmannn wrote:
Maybe this old thread is relevant to you:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3294794

They restricted certain resolutions/setups so it's either buggy as a result of that or maybe it's intentional, I'm not sure.

Ah, thank you.
I hope it's buggy and not intentional, because saying "I want this resolution" and the game is like "nah", shouldn't be intentional.

Any communication would be nice, but I understand it might be low priority. Not for me as a content creator though lol
I hope they re-enable support for 32:9, these black boarders are a eye sore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info