How to Beastcraft?

When I go to the Blood Altar, "Create a Unique ...", the "Item Level"s are all very low.
What to do? What does it mean?

Should I just come back later when higher recipes became available?
(Because they will be available.)
Or, I have to craft that lower recipes. Just in order to expend them, and by expending, newer recipes will beacome available? (Because new recipes will NOT be available until current ones was used.)

What strategy (rules) to follow? Which recipes to craft (if any)? The highest (item itemlevel) recipe, which is not too high (if too high the I cannot complete it)?
Is there any "queue"? Queue of (awaiting background) recipes?

Can it hurt to craft a lowlevel recipe? I mean, it exhausts some resource.. and exhausting that resource means that some good, higher-level recipes will not become available? (Will disappear from the queue?)...

Last bumped on Jan 6, 2024, 6:07:38 PM
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
When I go to the Blood Altar, "Create a Unique ...", the "Item Level"s are all very low.
What to do? What does it mean?

It means that the red beast that was captured was a low level one. The item level for "Create" crafts is based on the level of the red beast used by the recipe.

"
Should I just come back later when higher recipes became available?
(Because they will be available.)
Or, I have to craft that lower recipes. Just in order to expend them, and by expending, newer recipes will beacome available? (Because new recipes will NOT be available until current ones was used.)

Crafting will not unlock new recipes. Recipe unlocks are just based on the red beasts that you've captured; capturing a red beast unlocks the recipes that use it.

You can check if you have higher level beasts to use if you select the craft then click the slot for the red beast to see if you have more than just the one...or you can just run the lower level crafts, so you don't have to keep checking each time.

"
Is there any "queue"? Queue of (awaiting background) recipes?

There isn't a "queue", but you can do the recipe multiple times if you have enough resources for it (yellow beasts, and the specific red beasts the recipe needs).

"
Can it hurt to craft a lowlevel recipe? I mean, it exhausts some resource.. and exhausting that resource means that some good, higher-level recipes will not become available? (Will disappear from the queue?)...

The only resources that you're expending are the captured beasts.

There are some crafts in the lategame that require two red beasts, but those are moreso gated by one beast that's rarer than the other, so holding onto the more common one instead of crafting with it doesn't get you anything.

Otherwise, the only concern would be running out of yellow beasts, which every recipe needs. You'll generally be fine until lategame, because normally encounters spawn more than enough yellow beasts to match every red beast you get for recipes. It is possible to simply run out if you do a few of the flask crafts, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info