Crashing at Rogue Harbor [Heist]

Been constantly crashing since league start at the rogue harbor hub. I have not been crashing inside a contract.

I assume it is a MTX effect someone has that is creating so many particles it drops my FPS, and in turn the crash crashes after I get low enough FPS.

I usually run around ~80 fps in the harbor, then it slowly lowers based on people. I know I will crash when it reaches around ~30. The game will usually freeze, then proceed to stop responding and I have to close it in task manager.

GPU: RTX 3080-ti
CPU: i9-12900K
RAM: 32GB @3600
Last bumped on May 1, 2024, 3:39:15 AM
You can use ctrl+portal click to request new instance each time warping into harbor I think. Soon after creation someone else will warp in there too, but still you will meet far less people in there.

cpu/gpu leaks are hard to fix on pure C++ engine where everything have to be allocated manually and we have no idea how their multithreading is implemented. Only masochists still pull/upgrade their 10 year old home-brewed 3D engines in 2023, which kinda fits GGG profile :)
Last edited by Echothesis on Dec 12, 2023, 11:37:22 PM
xd
Okay a couple hours later and I can really confirm it is either MTX effects or the amount of people in the rogue harbor hub. Really would like an option to hide players or MTX effects.
I have witnessed the same thing. I promise you every time I have crashed while in the Rogue Harbor, in the shared hub area, I hear that weird MTX Sound Effect, then my game crashes. I have to alt del tab and signout my computer then sign back in. It does not even let me end the POE task!
I have the same problem, there are no lags or delays in contracts, but as soon as you stand in the Rogue Harbor the game crashes. I would like to note that the FPS is stable, the game just freezes.
I'm bumping this again after a month. I stopped running heist. I have not had problems with crashing at all for the past month. 5 minutes ago I open the Rogue Harbor and no less than 30 seconds later I crash. You cannot tell me that there is something wrong with the Rogue Harbor area or MTX effects.
"
Kystir wrote:
I'm bumping this again after a month. I stopped running heist. I have not had problems with crashing at all for the past month. 5 minutes ago I open the Rogue Harbor and no less than 30 seconds later I crash. You cannot tell me that there is something wrong with the Rogue Harbor area or MTX effects.

Yeah. Problems in the rogue harbour range from rubbish fps, to graphical glitching, to outright crashing. It's overloaded with players and MTX. It needs to be its own instanced area to you/your party only.
Last edited by plz on Jan 8, 2024, 8:26:07 PM
+1

Rogue Haror crashing 75% of the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info