What Passives Increase Trap Elemental Damage?

Does a passive like Increase Fire Damage With Weapons affect Fire Trap?
The red gem in my shield works.

Unavailable
Kilts for Templars <tm> - Our mission is to replace the ancient Greek toga worn by the Templar with a kilt. It fits the theme of Wraeclast better, and it fits the voice of the Templar.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Hmmm thanks. That seems to indicate "weapon" includes traps.
That could be the reason why the Fire trap is so effective on my Elemental weapon templar o.O

I haven't even though about checking the damage of the trap after i took additional ele. dam. nodes, i'll definatly do that when the next patch comes (since it'll give a skill reset) :)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
I don't see any effect on Fire Trap from any source of weapon elemental damage, be it from the support gem or passives, on 0.9.10 alpha.

As far as I know, traps are considered a special class of spells. They'll gain damage from normal elemental and spell damage supports and passives, but not weapon damage sources.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Jun 2, 2012, 6:38:05 PM
I'd like to correct my previous post - it does not have an effect on traps. I'm stupid for not actually noticing that, my bad.
Kilts for Templars <tm> - Our mission is to replace the ancient Greek toga worn by the Templar with a kilt. It fits the theme of Wraeclast better, and it fits the voice of the Templar.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
I don't see any effect on Fire Trap from any source of weapon elemental damage, be it from the support gem or passives, on 0.9.10 alpha.

As far as I know, traps are considered a special class of spells. They'll gain damage from normal elemental and spell damage supports and passives, but not weapon damage sources.

Can the same scaling be said for totems and mines?
Fire trap's effect is spell damage, and is affected by all relevant increases to such.

Bear trap deals non-spell, non-weapon damage. If you add elemental damage to it, it will be increased by elemental damage increases, but not anything specific to spells, or to attacks.
Thanks!

I just found out the Fire Trap did not benefit from +60% Weapon Elemental Damage.

But the skill did get a nice little boost in 0.9.10 :)
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Fire trap's effect is spell damage, and is affected by all relevant increases to such.

Bear trap deals non-spell, non-weapon damage. If you add elemental damage to it, it will be increased by elemental damage increases, but not anything specific to spells, or to attacks.

Fire trap's damage values definetly don't get increased by spell damage. When I remove my wand with 48% spell damage, fire trap's damage stays unaffected. Fire damage and elemental damage seem to work though.

Edit: It actually works in "C" stats but not when you hover over skill icon bottom right. For my other skills it shows same damage value there and "C" stats, but not for fire trap. So it's just an inconsistency issue.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Last edited by Targuil on Jun 5, 2012, 9:58:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info