Path of Table Tops

So as part of an unrelated table top project, I needed a high volume of combat encounters to test a table top system I'm working on, so I figured, hey, why not make it Path themed? And the end result is me having a bunch of maps I made for use in this test if anyone else wants them that sort of solidifies the many branches of PoE into a singular timeline (as best as I'm able), and maps into a larger mapset intended to better represent the 'lived in' aspects of PoE the ARPG mostly glosses over (since no one cares about how the cannibal coast lives in its day to day in an ARPG, just that there are cannibals to fight).

So far, I have the first three zones mapped and statted for this, and a timeline that includes everything required up to that point

First is the world map of the Twilight Strand (mostly done to learn the new mapping software I got for a similar project)

Then, the Coast;

Lastly, Lioneye's Watch as a battle scale map;
(Edit; made adjustments here so it reflects the waypoint and the rowboat stairwell seen in game and remove some of the 'just a box' design, adding the redoubt towers both for it being a real fort, and to better represent its game design, while keeping the dock I think should be there for a realism as an old fort (plus the use it acting as a dock in act 6). I opted to leave out the ships prow seen over the waypoint, since I couldn't figure a 'how it got there'. And of course, like the game, treat the waypoints as non-digetic elements there for the ARPG.

I do have a battle scale map for the twilight strand, but it's far too large to post easily, so I'll add that when I figure out how to share a 150,000Kb image without having a payment system some where.
Last edited by Northern_Ronin on Jun 10, 2023, 10:20:58 AM
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2023, 10:20:40 PM
Funny, I've been watching some YouTube channels which are all about tabletop scenery crafting. One guy is doing Baldur's Gate environments*, another did Diablo 1 dungeon components**. Made me wonder how hard some of PoE's environments would be to craft. =^[.]^=

* https://youtu.be/luEOpjLH-pw

** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9UJO7kt7UA
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Nice
This is nice, consider them stolen. I once stole the labyrinth idea for a d&d campaign on a virtual tabletop site, a turn-based dungeon with all the trap mechanisms Poe lab has, a parkour instead of the find and disarm route traps typically go.
"
R3b00t wrote:
This is nice, consider them stolen. I once stole the labyrinth idea for a d&d campaign on a virtual tabletop site, a turn-based dungeon with all the trap mechanisms Poe lab has, a parkour instead of the find and disarm route traps typically go.

While I have this set to use a system I can't currently share, I do have statblocks for some of the monsters in these early zones as well for a modified 5th I can share, it shouldn't be too hard to bend them back into shape for normal 5th.
+1 nice work
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Got delayed with work, but two additional battle maps for encounters of the roughly six planned for the coast;

Lionseye Depaturs, following the default formatting of the Coast, that always has a north-south split, one following the mountains, one following the beachhead. We've the most westward Karui ruins, a cannibal camp, and an old fishing dock.

Starting with the beach path, it rounds a rock cropping, with a cannibal ambush point, a rock spitter den, and a dreadfully dull beach I couldn't figure out what to decorate it out with. Might just turn a big chunk of that beach into sea water to prevent that problem.
Good looking!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info