Anyone else enjoying SST with the vigilance shield?

bought it for 130D and doing ruetoo build with 95% cold conversion and i have 200mil dps and no its not a fake dps of 1% of uptime i literally have permanent berserker by the time my berserk comes online i already have 50 rage again so i can instantly cast it and the only other dmg boost thing im using is ancestral protector and thats it thats what makes my dps uptime 100% very easily i can kill any uber uber boss in 3-4 seconds i can do 100% deli map with the most rippy mods and with altars and everything gets melted like it was t1 map and on top of 200mil dps it have god tier defenses

ailment avoid
stun immune
100% suppresion
75/75 block
100k armor
100k evasion
molten shell
ghost shroud
champ ascendy

the only thing it lacks is maximum resistance but dont really need it if nothing can even touch me and if it does it doesnt matter cuz im tanky af anyway so im really gonna miss this build
Last bumped on May 4, 2023, 8:19:00 PM
It's one of my favorite shields for all kinds of builds and has been for some time. Just usually have to account for its impact on blocking and, more specifically, not blocking. It can cause some really bad days if you're not also tanky.

I especially like it on Standard, since I was able to Divine for the huge buff to armor they gave it while also keeping the increased life they took away.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
1005 ES? That makes gives it a huge crit chance. Wow.
And the accompanying armour for some damage. Really a nice shield.
Offense is the best defense, in PoE even more so.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
hoho nice shield indeed.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
I enjoyed it last league where it already crutched the entire build with its busted stats, the 1000 ES variant has to be pretty hilarious for passive efficiency.
I played a different version of it and dropped it tue to lack of survivability. I wanted to push the dmg to absolute maximum and used a shield like that with the t5 SST node, also double dipping with the same note with El Abins helmet and then increasing the dmg even more with going Doryanis Prototype with -185 lightning res. Was pretty fun to oneshot ultrajuiced feared.

Problem: The build wasnt tanky at all, due to no regen, no evasion and also died instantly to those mobs with the mana leech circle as this counts as lightning dot.

While your build now is far more balanced it still lacks regen as a recovery mechanic. The build also has a different problem: with that insane amount of crit multi you are pretty screwed dmg wise if you meet crit immune monsters.

I sold the build and invested roughly 300div into Forbidden Rite and this is by far the best build I've ever played. So I cannot share your love for this build.
Last edited by Vennto on May 4, 2023, 3:46:50 PM
I'm enjoying my own build rather than a meme one only available for 1 league.

Is there a build that can clear maps faster than mine? Maybe a kinetic blast 5-way carry type of build.

In standard, I have my boss killer. For this league, I'll enjoy my superior build.
"
Vennto wrote:
I played a different version of it and dropped it tue to lack of survivability. I wanted to push the dmg to absolute maximum and used a shield like that with the t5 SST node, also double dipping with the same note with El Abins helmet and then increasing the dmg even more with going Doryanis Prototype with -185 lightning res. Was pretty fun to oneshot ultrajuiced feared.

Problem: The build wasnt tanky at all, due to no regen, no evasion and also died instantly to those mobs with the mana leech circle as this counts as lightning dot.

While your build now is far more balanced it still lacks regen as a recovery mechanic. The build also has a different problem: with that insane amount of crit multi you are pretty screwed dmg wise if you meet crit immune monsters.

I sold the build and invested roughly 300div into Forbidden Rite and this is by far the best build I've ever played. So I cannot share your love for this build.

i do fine against crit multi monsters even in 80% delirium map the only problem are in 100% deli maps then it takes me like 10-15 seconds to kill it but thats about it in 80% deli maps they die in 2-3 seconds
"
HwtChirino wrote:
I'm enjoying my own build rather than a meme one only available for 1 league.

Is there a build that can clear maps faster than mine? Maybe a kinetic blast 5-way carry type of build.

In standard, I have my boss killer. For this league, I'll enjoy my superior build.

its not a superior build if its only superior in one aspect in your example "clearing" when this build doesnt have bad clear at all it has really fast clear obviously not as good as LA but this build on the other hand is 100x times more tankier aswell and have way better boss dmg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info