Orb of Chance VS. Orb of Alchemy

What exactly is the difference between the two of them

Orb of Chance - Normal item to a random rarity
Unavailable

Orb of Alchemy - Normal item to a rare item
Unavailable

Doesn't that sound like the same thing basically just worded different?
.....And that's all I have to say about that.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The orb of chance can take basic white item and turn it into a magic, rare, or unique item at random. The orb of alchemy takes a white item and turns it into a rare.
There are 4 levels of 'rarity':

normal = white
magic = blue
rare = yellow
unique = brown
One good thing to do before the last wipe is to check the % of chance of Orbs of Chance giving each rarity.
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
Well the Orb of Chance NEVER gave me a unique (didn't even know it could turn your items into unique).

From what I could gather from my new character OneEyedBowyer - 80% times I get blue, 20% rare. If unique is indeed possible, then chance is infinitely small. And I use a lot of Orb of Chance. Will try to get more accurate number before a wipe with a stack of 20+ orbs. That is if they don;t change the drop rate.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
We only have 66 uniqes so far.
You need the correct base item.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
hzflank wrote:
There are 4 levels of 'rarity':

normal = white
magic = blue
rare = yellow
unique = brown

They're orange.

I believe that the chance of orbs of chance to upgrade an item to a unique is less than 2%. I read it somewhere.
"
Lachdanan wrote:
We only have 66 uniqes so far.
You need the correct base item.

Very very good point. I'll try on some rings. When is the next wipe?
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
Anygood place to farm those orbs?
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
Well the Orb of Chance NEVER gave me a unique (didn't even know it could turn your items into unique).

Uniques have an extremely low chance of being made by an Orb of Chance, I'd gather to say probably less than 1%. You also need to take into consideration that when trying to get a certain unique from an Orb of Chance you have to have the correct base item of that unique.

For Example: If you were wanting to try and create the unique item Araku Tiki Coral Amulet - you must be using the Orb of Chance on a Coral Amulet to even have a chance of getting that unique.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info