Between Season Race 25: 1 Hour Cut-throat

These interim events are intended for fun and for testing between seasons. When we announce the details of Season Two, awesome prize rewards will return. Season two starts on April 20 (NZT).

This event doesn't have any prizes! In the future we will implement tracking player kills in a fair way, as prizes for levelling up just encourage players to rush through the game away from the awesome cut-throat combat.

The primary purpose of this event is to test what Solo cut-throat is like. Previously we've run events with partying enabled, but that encouraged large death-squads. Under these rules, the death-squads can exist, but because they can't be in a party, they can hurt each other with friendly fire. If one of them turns their back for a moment, their temporary allies might kill them and take all their items.

A summary of general Cut-throat rules:
  • This is a separate short-duration league that has its own stash (as usual). At the end of the event, characters and stashed items will be moved to Default.
  • There's a PvP damage multiplier because players start with a lot more life than they do damage. This multiplier will be adjusted substantially based on feedback from this event and others.
  • Players are hostile by default to players who are not in their party.
  • You can ctrl+click on the entrance to an area to use the Instance Management screen to manually enter any other player's instance of an area.
  • Cut-throat instances can hold a maximum of 12 players.
  • This test is not a hardcore league. When you die, you lose the normal experience penalty for your difficulty plus 30% of your current level. You also drop all inventory and equipped items. Your flasks, skill gems (even ones in your inventory) and quest items are not dropped.
  • If you were killed by another player, your lost experience is split among their party.
  • If you attempt to abruptly leave the game in a non-town instance, you have to wait 5 seconds and are unable to move or use flasks.
  • The grace period of invulnerability upon entering an area is 20 seconds. This should start once the player is mostly done loading.
  • Non-partied players only show up on the map if they're nearby.
  • There are no notifications for players joining or leaving areas.
  • Portals cannot be used until they have been up for five seconds.
  • You cannot apply microtransaction effects to items in cut-throat. You may dance and have pets.

Finally. You guys need to do more of these. Way more. Please.
IGN: Wavestrike
nevermind. my question is answered in the post.
Last edited by nheowitzki on Apr 10, 2013, 9:06:46 PM
What will prevent alt+f4ing?

I understand that there is a small delay before alt+f4 taking effect, but even if it takes 5 seconds, that's substantially faster than 5 seconds.
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
What will prevent alt+f4ing?

I understand that there is a small delay before alt+f4 taking effect, but even if it takes 5 seconds, that's substantially faster than 5 seconds.

What? How is 5 seconds substantially faster then 5 seconds?
Divination Card - Emperor's Luck.
FINALLY! This is the reason I became interested in the game. I am very excited!
"
Qarl wrote:

• If you attempt to abruptly leave the game in a non-town instance, you have to wait 5 seconds and are unable to move or use flasks.
  • The grace period of invulnerability upon entering an area is 20 seconds. This should start once the player is mostly done loading.

Does logging out during the grace period deactivate the invulnerability for the five seconds the player is stuck in game?
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
"
IMDisappoint wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Does logging out during the grace period deactivate the invulnerability for the five seconds the player is stuck in game?

This.

I hope logging off nullifies the grace period.
so if you kill another player you receive 15% EXP penalty ?

I don't really understand this rule....
"
Zerovirus27 wrote:
so if you kill another player you receive 15% EXP penalty ?

I don't really understand this rule....

If you kill someone, they lose 30% exp of their current level + regular exp losses on cruel and merciless. Whoever was in the party of the person that killed (in this case, since it's a solo race, there are no parties) gets to share 30% exp among the part (in this case, 30% exp because it's solo and you can't party).

A kills B.

A was on 20% exp at level 10 before killing B who was on 70% exp level 10.

A steals 30% exp from B, and B drops all of his equipment and inventory onto the ground minus the specified items.

A ends up on 50% exp at level 10, B ends up at 40% exp at level 10.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info