Best dual totem spell?

I play sc so what would it be for pure clearing speed?
ek
spark
FP
ice spear
incinerate
arc
Spark all the way
IGN: Mahakali
"
Lowkeyedup wrote:
I play sc so what would it be for pure clearing speed?
ek
spark
FP
ice spear
incinerate
arc

Obviously it depends a bit on what you're fighting, where you're fighting, and what kind of gear you have available, but I would rank them approximately thus: (best to worst)

1) EK
2) FP
3) Spark
4) Incinerate?
5) Ice Spear
6) Arc

EK does the most damage, so it is first. However, quality EK doesn't give proj speed, and quality FP does. So with a 20% quality FP you'll clear bigger rooms faster with FP, smaller rooms faster with EK.

Spark is highly variable. Outdoors it sucks ass. Indoors in tight areas it can really rock.

Incinerate does good damage when it gets to third stage, but by then an EK totem has probably already killed the enemies.

Ice spear is great for crowd control, particularly linked to elemental proliferation, but the damgae is ass.

Arc's damage is ass, and the number of targets hit is ass. There's nothing redeeming about arc totems. Arc on a player has one redeeming quality - it works well at long range. Something that doesn't matter with totems.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 9, 2013, 5:46:43 PM
^^ I agree with above except I put spark even with FP since situationally spark is significantly better.

Problem with FP totems is the enemies need to be close for best damage and totem isn't good at shotgunning (high spread at close range)
What is FP and EK?
"
RaniNamari wrote:
What is FP and EK?

Freezing Pulse and Ethereal Knives.

BTW this thread is as old as the pyramids. Spark is bottom of the food chain nowadays.
Right now I'm trying out Arc totems supported with Elemental Proliferation + conductivity curse, simply to apply lots of Shocked status ailment to everything, which adds +30% damage from all sources and can stack 3 times for a total of +90% to all sources of incoming damage. Thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info