Between Season Race 7: 30 Minute Solo

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

These interim events are intended for fun and for testing between seasons. When we announce the details of Season Two, awesome prize rewards will return. Season two starts on April 20 (NZT).

Prizes:

The top player of each class by experience will receive the Demigod's Triumph (Unique Golden Wreath, awarded in most Open Beta races).

I like this. It should be fun times
I really like the idea of shorter races but at it's current state it would be just farm ledge until the race ends, 30 minute races but starting at different points (act 2 or 3 for instance) in which players would start at a higher level and with some equipment would be an awesome twist in my opinion

Just my 2 cents :)
IGN: Aenquis/Mebius
"
karasu271 wrote:
I really like the idea of shorter races but at it's current state it would be just farm ledge until the race ends, 30 minute races but starting at different points (act 2 or 3 for instance) in which players would start at a higher level and with some equipment would be an awesome twist in my opinion

Just my 2 cents :)

This is why I think multi-tiered races could work in theory. For example, a 1.5-2 hour race where you can't go further than the Forest Encampment in act 2. Next tier of that race begins later in the day or the next day say like 1.5-2 hours using the same character and you can't progress further than Sarn Encampment. Then finally maybe 1.5-3 hours for finishing act 3 and you can't go further than Cruel shore encampment.

The leagues would be laid out like this:

Hardcore (Parent)
|
Act 3 Race
|
Act 2 Race
|
Act 1 Race

When the Act 1 race ends, you get sent to the Act 2 Race league. When that ends, Act 3 Race league, and finally sent back to Hardcore when it's all over. I understand this might sound useless to those with enough time to compete in longer races (3 hours to 1 week) but for people with wonky schedules or frequent interruptions this idea is gold.
Last edited by Fender117 on Apr 5, 2013, 6:04:25 PM
"
karasu271 wrote:
30 minute races but starting at different points (act 2 or 3 for instance) in which players would start at a higher level and with some equipment would be an awesome twist in my opinion

This could never really work since characters feed into the permanent leagues. You'd get free levelled characters.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Short races can be fun, luck will definitely play a major role here, but that's part of the game :)

"
unsane wrote:
"
karasu271 wrote:
30 minute races but starting at different points (act 2 or 3 for instance) in which players would start at a higher level and with some equipment would be an awesome twist in my opinion

This could never really work since characters feed into the permanent leagues. You'd get free levelled characters.

I agree this couldn't work that way.

Now do we really need these? 3 hours are enough to reach Cruel solo, and experience the entire game on normal once you're good enough. 1 week or longer races will allow you to reach the maps.

If people are interested in those, why not... but I really think progression is more fun than the late farm for most.

"
Fender117 wrote:
This is why I think multi-tiered races could work in theory. For example, a 1.5-2 hour race where you can't go further than the Forest Encampment in act 2. Next tier of that race begins later in the day or the next day say like 1.5-2 hours using the same character and you can't progress further than Sarn Encampment. Then finally maybe 1.5-3 hours for finishing act 3 and you can't go further than Cruel shore encampment.

[...]

When the Act 1 race ends, you get sent to the Act 2 Race league. When that ends, Act 3 Race league, and finally sent back to Hardcore when it's all over. I understand this might sound useless to those with enough time to compete in longer races (3 hours to 1 week) but for people with wonky schedules or frequent interruptions this idea is gold.

I can't see where this is supposed to be fun...

As it is, bosses are a fun way to earn your progression, but artificial gating is just... well, no way I'm playing that Oo
Take care out there.
Last edited by Lagruell on Apr 7, 2013, 12:17:05 PM
I had this idea for a while now, first one to kill piety wins. If you have the balls and skill to rush lunaris underleveled and if you make it alive you win the race. Not to mention it will be very entertaining to watch the streamers do this instead of farming ledge,western,docks.
IGN: Blulkmagic
New Race Idea : First one to kill piety wins.
That idea could even be expanded / made more interesting for everyone instead of the top few people, by running an x hour race which ends for people individually when they kill piety, and with rankings (and thus points) based on the time at which they killed piety.
"
unsane wrote:
"
karasu271 wrote:

Just change the feed from Race 1 to go into Race 2. Problem solved.
very cool 30 mins & 8 mins are gonna be my favorites for sure :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info