'Legacy' items policy, re:patch 0.10.5

As of patch 0.10.5 the Silverbranch will split into the haves who have the +2 bow gems version and the have nots who get the new version that drops which only has +1 bow gems. I feel this is bad for the life of the game as it creates an ever decreasing supply particularly in hardcore of a very desirable unique such that the new ones that drop are strictly inferior.

The Silverbranch bow is good precisely because of its +2 bow gems and changing that mechanic on only SOME of them is an awful mistake I hope you do not make.

Please either revert this change or nerf the old ones as well.

"
Chris wrote:

Balance:
  • The Silverbranch unique item has been changed so that it only grants +1 to bow skills. Old ones will not change unless you use a Divine Orb on them.

Source: Patch Notes

Mod Edit: Removed bias from title; this is now the official feedback thread for this issue.
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
Last edited by pneuma on Apr 5, 2013, 2:26:58 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I completely agree, I too have made threads in GD and on the patch notes! I think it's a horrible decision to not nerf all silverbranches.

If someone is using a current silverbranch, NERF IT, and give that person a respec. It is a beta after all.

Do not create "Legacy" items GGG, please! It's for the best.
I agree.
There are already time-limited things in the economy like Demigod's Presences and Triumphs.

There are many, many types of changes that we will have to do over the years that will leave items in a state they can't currently spawn in. This is very difficult to avoid, unfortunately.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I fully agree. I have never found a Silverbranch, and now I feel like I am being punished, while anyone who found it prior to 0.10.5 are being rewarded.

I disliked "legacy" items in Diablo 2 as well and I don't want to see PoE follow with this bad decision. Keep all of the items the same with retroactive changes, for better or for worse.
"
Chris wrote:
There are already time-limited things in the economy like Demigod's Presences and Triumphs.

There are many, many types of changes that we will have to do over the years that will leave items in a state they can't currently spawn in. This is very difficult to avoid, unfortunately.

Why is it necessary to keep the old ones as is? The new bow is no longer a silverbranch it is now Silverbranch B, a worthless item. I do not see why nerfs should only affect new items while buffs are retroactive.
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
"
Chris wrote:

You've shown you're able to change the stats when a change like this occurs, in this very patch even with Voll's Protector. We just want that to be applied equally to all items. Frankly if legacy items truly become a thing I know I'll be quitting the game.
"
Chris wrote:

Chris, thanks for the response, but you are totally dodging the point. Those are rewards giving to close beta testers and racers. Silverbranch is a unique drop that ANYONE can get. If you don't retroactively nerf/buff certain things you are gonna cause a lot of trouble. Please reconsider!
"
Chris wrote:

Don't do this, or don't announce this. I've already begun to purchase these uniques because the value will double or more in HC. Dumb idea.
Akumos/Xenoith/Toccata.
"
Chris wrote:

Please reconsider Chris! Race rewards and UNIQUE DROPS are two very different things! You wouldn't nerf a skill gem, but keep older skill gems more powerful would you? You're gonna screw with the economy and with player's trust.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info