Middle mouse button remap

Hey GGG

i have a major gripe with the mapping of the middle mouse button. I really don't like pressing it and would love the option to remap it or something.

I would rather have an extra keyboard button as an alternative option. especially now when zoom-in is bound the the wheel.

I don't know how others feel about this but would love to have the option.
IGN: syndoomthrower
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Having the option to rebind everything is something I will always support.
Games were better when devs didn't listen to player feedback.
I'd go ahead and give a +1 to this. I find pressing my middle mouse key to be very awkward. I only end up using it for things I use very rarely, or things I use once and forget about (auras).
Diamond Supporter since 2012-04-24.
Endorsed.

The prefered fix is to offer a keyboard shortcut to replace this entirely.

In my case I use a Logitech G5 gaming mouse with
Logitech drivers and I can remap most any button on the
mouse.
My mouse scroll wheel also has toggle left and right which I map to game commands. This particular mouse
it is VERY difficult to press straight down without
toggling either to left or right on the scroll.

In my case I am only using that middle button for rarely used skills so it is in effect, wasted. Often I try
to use it and invariably fire off whatever I mapped to
left or right scroll wheel toggle.

Good mouse they no longer make other than funky screwed
up issues with pressing down for middle button use. Total of 7 programmable 'buttons' if one includes middle mouse press. Just enough for this game.
CliffH raved: maybe if half the mods Werent neckbearded, introverted middle aged men covered in a layer of cheeto dust, they would review the reports before smacking their over protruding forehead on the mute button. FUNNY!
"
Buzi wrote:
Endorsed.

The prefered fix is to offer a keyboard shortcut to replace this entirely.

In my case I use a Logitech G5 gaming mouse with
Logitech drivers and I can remap most any button on the
mouse.
My mouse scroll wheel also has toggle left and right which I map to game commands. This particular mouse
it is VERY difficult to press straight down without
toggling either to left or right on the scroll.

In my case I am only using that middle button for rarely used skills so it is in effect, wasted. Often I try
to use it and invariably fire off whatever I mapped to
left or right scroll wheel toggle.

Good mouse they no longer make other than funky screwed
up issues with pressing down for middle button use. Total of 7 programmable 'buttons' if one includes middle mouse press. Just enough for this game.

I always find it hilarious when people with gaming mouses have troubles with basic mouse functions. Or people with gaming keyboards unable to play a game, because nProtect gameguard blocks their keyboard. :D
I personally have no trouble using the middle mouse key, it's just options..
Games were better when devs didn't listen to player feedback.
cool to see people agree on this.

And i have no problem with people that are fine using their middle mouse button ofcourse. I just would like the option to remap it.

I broke my hand in the past and everytime i click that middle mouse button it kinda hurts a little and feels akward because i have decreased mobility in my mouse hand :(

I made an AutoHotKey script for this and compiled it into a self-contained executable for the technically deficient. It allows you to use Mouse4 (usually the primary thumb button) in place of the scroll wheel button. It seems fairly efficient performance wise, but might not work if you are not using the default windows drivers. My mouse is a Logitech G series, just for reference.

If it's cool with the devs I can post the actual script and the exe. You can use the tools that come with AHK to decompile the exe or alternatively compile the script into the exe yourself.

It would be a temporary workaround until they add onto the key binding functionality.
We will support advanced mouse button binding!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
We will support advanced mouse button binding!

That's awesome to hear Chris!
Huzzah advanced binding!

I have a problem hitting my middle mouse button as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info