Need help theorycrafting a Hierophant Siege Ballista variant

Hey there. I played a Hierophant Siege Ballista in Harvest, skipped Heist, and I'm playing it again for Ritual, but I'm looking at how some other people have modified their builds and I'm thinking of modifying mine to better suit my playstyle.

I can keep up with some of the faster players when we're running for XP, but by nature I'm a slower, more cautious mapper, and for the life of me I cannot ever seem to remember to cast temporary buffs. For me they have to either be permanent or CWDT or I just will not use them. It's not a choice, I've tried to get better at remembering to, but I just cannot remember to. I want to stop wasting those sockets on skills I will not use.

I saw someone (a) using their chest for all temporary buffs rather than a second main attack skill, and (b) using Supreme Ego to buff Hatred and do away with all other permanent buffs. That got me thinking ... maybe I could do the same, except use the chest for CWDT, except I'd put Frenzy in a 4L. I do use Frenzy to freeze mobs and attack things in Heist that my totems won't aggro on their own. I can find other skills to freeze mobs, but probably not to aggro, so I think I have to keep it.

So here's what I have written down at the moment:

Siege Ballista
Divergent Inspiration Support
Awakened Elemental Damage with Attacks Support
Awakened Cold Penetration Support
Divergent Hypothermia Support
Awakened Added Cold Damage Support

Cast when Damage Taken Support
Sniper's Mark
Ice Bite Support
Life Gain on Hit
Bonechill
Hypothermia

Hatred
Enlighten Support
Summon Lightning Golem
Blind Support

Second Wind Support
Dash
Frenzy
Culling Strike

Cast when Damage Taken Support
Immortal Call
Divergent Frost Bomb
Phase Run

... that said, my chest is RGGWWW, which does give me some options. I was also considering some of these:

Temporal Chains
Greater Volley Support
Volley Support
Enhance Support
Barrage Support
Block Chance Reduction Support
Greater Multiple Projectiles Support
Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support
Slower Projectiles Support
Swift Affliction Support

I don't know if any of those would be better than the ones I have under CWDT now, which is why I'm here to see if anyone can share their experience/knowledge.

I tried to balance offensive and defensive skills under CWDT.

Someone suggested I use Skitterbots instead of Lightning Golem but Supreme Ego boosts Skitterbots mana res to a point where I can't use it, so I have to stick with Lightning Golem.
Last edited by Fla_Panther on Feb 24, 2021, 8:15:44 PM
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2021, 11:10:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info