Waypoint failure since Feb 18

Hello,

My issue has occurred since the evening (EST) of February 18. Game ran fine from midday of Feb 18 and has been running fine since beginning of the current league.

pastbin DxDiag: https://pastebin.com/q27ZPi7L

Issue:
Game client starts normally and I can login to my character. Karui Shores loads normally. When I use the waypoint to travel anywhere, including my hideout, the game freezes at the loading screen. If I make any change in the Options menu to any option, the game freezes. This is true whether I am in Karui Shores or at the Login screen. I have attempted logging in approximately every 12 hours since the evening of Feb 18 and problem has persisted.

I have looked to this forum and seen several similar issues that are still unresolved. Things I have tried based on the other forum threads include: Updating my Windows version from 2004 to 20H2 & running a Game File integrity through Steam, which returned no issue.

My files are all on a SSD and my computer is high performance and having no issues running any other games. Add to this that multiple people have created threads about this same issue happening since Feb 18 and that I had no problems before Feb 18 and was playing POE on a daily basis, and I can only come to the conclusion that problem has to be on POE's side. I have been unable to play for the past 3 days.
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2021, 4:34:59 PM
Replying to my own thread because I noticed another fix by GGG staff and attempted that fix.

I deleted the following folders from my Path of Exile folder:

DailyDealCache
MOTDCache
ShopImages

After deleting these folders, I attempted to login and change zones from Karui Shores and it was able to load my hideout without any issue.

For anyone else having this issue, please check your POE folder and try deleting those subfolders as it has resolved my issue.
Hi there, nekofjung! I'm glad to hear that this seems to be resolved and I hope you continue to enjoy your travels throughout Wraeclast! If you experience any further issues, please let us know. :)
Need help? Contact Support :)
Hi, im having the problem that after I leave the zone im in (city) to anywhere the loading screen never leaves and I have to force close the game.

I read about those folders that im suposed to delet but thereare no such folders.

I have the no steam game. I left the steam client like 4 days ago hoping to avoid an issue in which steam wanted to download the whole game from time to time.

folders in my poe folder are

ShaderCacheD3D11
Redist
logs

also checked for hidden files and nothing else shows up.

these following folders are nowhere in my computer.
DailyDealCache
MOTDCache
ShopImages

How can I fix this?
"
Tauronian wrote:
Hi, im having the problem that after I leave the zone im in (city) to anywhere the loading screen never leaves and I have to force close the game.

I read about those folders that im suposed to delet but thereare no such folders.

I have the no steam game. I left the steam client like 4 days ago hoping to avoid an issue in which steam wanted to download the whole game from time to time.

folders in my poe folder are

ShaderCacheD3D11
Redist
logs

also checked for hidden files and nothing else shows up.

these following folders are nowhere in my computer.
DailyDealCache
MOTDCache
ShopImages

How can I fix this?

Per forum guideline -->
Since you have your own thread about a tech issue then don't post in this about that same issue.......
(https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3058276)

I have posted a guide in your thread that you need to follow.
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Feb 22, 2021, 4:35:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info