Minions and Support Gems

I need to find out some information on my title. I recently found out that added fire, cold, and lightning all say they do something to minions when linked. I wanted to confirm that this is true, does/has anyone else done this and seen a noticeable difference in the damage of their minions?

And what other support gems would work with minions too? Besides the obvious Minion Life, Speed, and Damage gems. Like would life leech work or crit chance/damage?

This has completely changed what I need to get for my end game gear but only if this is all true. I'm excited!
Last edited by arokace on Apr 25, 2012, 1:48:11 PM
"
arokace wrote:
I need to find out some information on my title. I recently found out that added fire, cold, and lightning all say they do something to minions when linked. I wanted to confirm that this is true, does/has anyone else done this and seen a noticeable difference in the damage of their minions?

And what other support gems would work with minions too? Besides the obvious Minion Life, Speed, and Damage gems. Like would life leech work or crit chance/damage?

This has completely changed what I need to get for my end game gear but only if this is all true. I'm excited!

Most gems that give passives works with minions, Ofc Greater Projectiles support gem wont work with melee minions, but should work with ranged minions(raised ranged spectres).

Atleast thats what i hope.. I have not tried it.
I suppose that is one way of testing it, I could attach it to my spectre and raise some ranged minions. I shall inform you shortly
SIIIIICK!

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/3310/screenshot0010v.png

You can add Projectiles so anything should be able to add to it. That makes sense of course.
Last edited by arokace on Apr 26, 2012, 5:38:34 AM
It doesn't appear Faster attacks, increased melee damage work with minions.

But Faster Casting does work. From this thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/10665/highlight/

Minion attacks are actually counted as spells, not physical attacks.

So does things like Added fire damage actually do anything since the attack is a spell? Is it a physical damage spell? Does that even exist? Or is it a damage that has no type?
I believe that added fire/cold/lightning/chaos would work sense they attach to both spells and physical damaging attacks(unless I am wrong about this?). Great thread link, got me all the information I needed to know about my minions.

Now I need to get my self a 5l or 6l(if I'm super lazy). mmm, not sure how well it will work in chaos but I'm thinking life steal, some added damage, minion life will probably be needed for sure. spectre will need to be ranged when summoned with lesser or greater, damage. Sweet, I'm excited.
Yes the support gems do indeed buff minions with said supports. I find however that the extra spell damage is highly situational.
"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind." H.P.Lovecraft

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info