Cold Snap spam Build

I saw a Cold Snap/crit spam build on here (or on the templar forum) a couple weeks ago that looked fun. If anyone can like me to the forum page that would be appreciated
"
Badkid wrote:
I saw a Cold Snap/crit spam build on here (or on the templar forum) a couple weeks ago that looked fun. If anyone can like me to the forum page that would be appreciated

There are only two ways of doing cold snap spam. Wand + Power Siphon or Trap imprinted with cold snap. With imprinted cold snap trap you can spam three cold snap thus by-passing cold snap cool down.

I'm current using the trap version of cold snap in my cold ranger bow/trap/aura build.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Trap
Last edited by deadlylag on Mar 26, 2013, 4:29:46 PM
The third way being the following, eventually.

Use Voll's Protector as armor. Gain power charges using Ice Spear from a distance and drop a few Cold Snaps by expending the charges.

If you have a lot of crit chance passives and provide Increased Critical Strikes support to Cold Snap, you may be able to chain a few of those together (that was one of my ideas, but I never really tried that to date).
"
winddrake wrote:

Use Voll's Protector as armor. Gain power charges using Ice Spear from a distance and drop a few Cold Snaps by expending the charges.

If you have a lot of crit chance passives and provide Increased Critical Strikes support to Cold Snap, you may be able to chain a few of those together (that was one of my ideas, but I never really tried that to date).

This was the main premise of the build. Also, using multiple cold snap gems. I never thought of the trap concept. I was mainly looking for the forum page for a passive tree to gauge mine with and the poster's math on supports/stat priority. (obvious crit is high)
There's a new Power Charge on Crit support gem coming in the next patch. See the Announcements forum.
"
Badkid wrote:
"
winddrake wrote:

This was the main premise of the build. Also, using multiple cold snap gems. I never thought of the trap concept. I was mainly looking for the forum page for a passive tree to gauge mine with and the poster's math on supports/stat priority. (obvious crit is high)

I never tried multiple gems of the same type and not sure if it work. With that said link Elemental Proliferation and maybe critical chance gem to your cold snap. With increase passive AOE nodes you should be able to chill and freeze all the mob in the screen and beyond.
"
deadlylag wrote:

I never tried multiple gems of the same type and not sure if it work. With that said link Elemental Proliferation and maybe critical chance gem to your cold snap. With increase passive AOE nodes you should be able to chill and freeze all the mob in the screen and beyond.

Yea, multiple gems dont share CD with eachother.

"
ibugsy wrote:
There's a new Power Charge on Crit support gem coming in the next patch. See the Announcements forum.

That is why I want to try to find this post so I can look up the passive tree a little more. So far this is what I've come up with:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEEGWBUKusyycVa6X9JeVUlM9XwQHHwKD9xEtfIPN-riTEdszdpI4YqyhbUyzUDAy0UVHtQTkIo5k96a2-l3G3fNgbZ2AgzjvfEbXpwiPRtDQz2VVxoFJsjhmT9adnqGvmxRNogDwHw==

It is just a skeleton beginning build since I havn't decided if it would be better to be a templar or witch. Or what type of armor/evas/es would be more beneficial. Basically just needs the armor type that will most likely give %crit chance on it and blue sockets.
The one by Plastic_Cup in BoTW is prob the one you're looking for:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/87893/page/10
To spam any cooldown skill, you only need to equip 3-4 same gem
Use 2nd-4th gem while 1st cooldown is not ready.

For example, equip 3 fire trap, 4 flicker strike, cold snap, endurance charge

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info