Waypoints

I dont know if Im being a noob or what. I click on the waypoint circle and go no where. I dont really know how they work but they dont work anything like titan quest.
You have to unlock them as you go through the game. Once you unlock the first one you can use it to travel back to town and then back to to where you were (or any other unlocked waypoints) as often as you want.
Hmm Ok so Im on the first Nessa quest which I need to go to tidal island which im having a terrible time figuring out how to do. The online community is not as helpful as the forums. More this is so much like D2/D3 etc
"
carajean wrote:
Hmm Ok so Im on the first Nessa quest which I need to go to tidal island which im having a terrible time figuring out how to do. The online community is not as helpful as the forums. More this is so much like D2/D3 etc

Stick to the right side of the beach, you will eventually see a little island that goes a bit outside of the shore area, thats tidal island.

Good luck killing the icycle throwing maniac.
Cogito ergo sum
The first waypoint won't be until the the beginning of the mud flats (which you won't get to until after the medicine quest). You want to exit the Shore Encampment from the north onto the Terraces and then make your way to the Tidal Island. If you go to the world panel it will show you how the zones connect.

Last edited by Britannicus on Apr 15, 2012, 7:02:22 PM
:)
Strange....

I have unlocked / activated my waypoints in MudFlat and further on, but I can't seem to use them. Unless I'm doing something wrong?
"
Zifnab1977 wrote:
Strange....

I have unlocked / activated my waypoints in MudFlat and further on, but I can't seem to use them. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

If you click on any waypoint, act map comes out and then you can click on any map with big blue dot (activated waypoint) and teleport there immediately.
IGN: Mayon
__________________________________________________________________________________
Never argue with stupid people,
they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Mark Twain
Ah, thanks! So they don't work from Town / Shore Encampment?
Yes they do, in the same way the one in mud flat works. Big blue dot on the mini map in the top right corner of your screen.

They work exactly the same way as in D2 if you played it, to/from town. Gotta find em first.

Only difference here is that instead of a text list, you get a mini-quest-map to choose where to go.

Blue dot = found waypoint, hollow blue dot = unfound wp. Black dot = no waypoint in that zone.

Waypoint also let you switch between act/difficulty when you get that far.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707 -- Game Mechanics thread, answers to most of your questions.
Last edited by Blackened on Jul 14, 2012, 7:02:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info