Information on flasks

Been going over some of the videos with a fine tooth comb(space bar pause-play spam) and had a nice little surprise, finally found out a bit about how the potions work, or at least how they were when the video was made(think it was in the skill system demonstration one).

Giant Life Flask
Charges: 18 of 18. Each drink uses 3 charges.
Right click to drink. Can only hold charges while in belt. Refills as you kill monsters.

So I guess you find flasks as you go, they are not consumed but refill as you go, if you find a more efficient, or bigger flask you can remove an old one from your belt and replace it.

Seems like a nice idea to me, means you don't have to keep picking up lots of potions and putting them on the belt. Will have to see how fast they fill up when we get to test the game.
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2010, 3:15:06 PM
Nice find! Wow, actually must admit I like this potion system. No potion spam, but a system that rewards killing monsters (what the game is about) :P
I guess this means you need to kill 3 monsters per use at least. I like the system, means I dont have to manage a bunch of potions and refilling them means I have to go kill stuff. Also means I get 5 uses on a particularly nasty unique/boss and that's it unless he has minions to help refill.
Good find. Seems like a lot of games are moving in this direction. D3 doesn't even have potions. Enemies drop orbs when they die and you can collect them to regain health immediately.
Forum Sheriff
"
Also means I get 5 uses on a particularly nasty unique/boss and that's it unless he has minions to help refill.

And that's only from one flask, you can hold upto 5 of them on your belt. I think I've seen a blue flask too, so mana potions?
Nice find. I like the idea of not having to pick up potions.
I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
this is interesting , confirmation would be awesome .
The information here is correct, but we have some big unannounced plans for the flask system, so there's more to come yet. We haven't commented on it so far because we're still experimenting internally.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Sounds interesting. I like this sort of system and I think it'll work much better than collecting a million portions. I look forward to hearing more about the system soon.
Forum Sheriff
---
oh what a tease :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info