mac client

now i play on my mac using vmware but i was wondering when or even if a mac client be up i know it wont be before open beta but hopefully soon after the end of the open beta now before i just get hate about mac isnt for gaming i know that when i got my make and am not saying mac should have games i use my mac mainly for music recording mixing/live sound and if i had the money i would make my own pc, i know that a lot of people who have macs will want to play this game 1 because diablo is on mac an 2 its free honestly the only benefit of a mac client for me or other mac users would be it would be more stable
"
jaimesto wrote:
now i play on my mac using vmware but i was wondering when or even if a mac client be up i know it wont be before open beta but hopefully soon after the end of the open beta now before i just get hate about mac isnt for gaming i know that when i got my make and am not saying mac should have games i use my mac mainly for music recording mixing/live sound and if i had the money i would make my own pc, i know that a lot of people who have macs will want to play this game 1 because diablo is on mac an 2 its free honestly the only benefit of a mac client for me or other mac users would be it would be more stable

Please consider using punctuation in the future.

FAQ
9. What platforms are supported by the game?
Path of Exile will initially launch with support for Windows. No Mac support has been announced yet, but it's something we'll investigate after release.
Step 1: Buy PC
Step 2: Make music AND play video games
Step 3: ????
Step 4: PROFIT!
i would love to have a pc for gaming but i feel better using mac for mixing and recording music, I feel its not as open to some of the problems pc have not saying mac doesn't have problems it does, I would use a lot of stuff that you can only use on mac (logic). I know people who have had mixes wiped when a pc have blue screened but that does not make me a apple elitest, I didn't like the company when steve jobs was there now they are a wee bit better. like id be happy if there isnt a mac client same way i will be happy if there is, I made this post more for the people who dont have the means to have windows or run windows software.
Last edited by jaimesto on Mar 27, 2012, 5:45:13 PM
"
jaimesto wrote:
I would use a lot of stuff that you can only use on mac (logic).

"
jaimesto wrote:

I know people who have had mixes wiped when a pc have blue screened but that does not make me a apple elitest

There are windows equivalents, and often they are better than the beloved "Mac tools". Your skills and knowledge makes you great - not your platform or tools.

Also, I know people who have had mixes wiped when their Mac's kernel panicked but that does not make me a PC elitest
Last edited by fiftysixk on Mar 27, 2012, 6:08:12 PM
I don't believe he/she ever attacked you in the question posted. I've used almost every operating system there is, each one has it's flaws and problems. All you generally did was insult without any incite on the topic other then a copy and paste of a generic answer. So allow me to answer it with a link and some input.

There is a max client but like you said it's mostly just VMware. I was able to make mine run with winecraft. The game runs smooth but it's almost unplayable because of the flashing txt.

The link i will post should help more incase you never saw it, they are working on fixing the bugs as soon as they can.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708

That's all i can find.

And yes i also own 2 gaming pc's i built, which I'm sure everyone has. I also own a a Linux comp i mess with from time to time and i own a MacBook Pro.

There's nothing wrong with broadening your horizons a little...use what ya like but don't say something is better when you're not that person using it.
I am playing on a mac (not VMware). Don't whine, just wine.
Hey, try using bootcamp (i know, it's a lame answer), but it's totally worth it. Works 10x better than the unofficial mac client. Really, it changed my life. (im using an early 2011 macbook pro 13").

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info