[Mechanics] Eldritch Battery

I apologize if this has already been answered, but I didn't see it in the half dozen threads the search pulled up.

What I'm wondering is how the shield->mana for Eldritch Battery actually calculated, specifically if it double dips into +shield% and +mana% passives.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yes, %energy shield and %mana passives both help. I think from what I gathered that % total mana happened before the conversion and not after.
Last edited by sanddemon on Mar 9, 2012, 4:20:37 PM
So, it seems that it does double-dip into +shield and +mana bonuses. What I found weird is how it plays with Voll's. Your pre-eldritch battery mana is halved, but the amount you receive from the shield is applied at 100%. I assume this is not working as intended? Can post screenshots if needed.(1k mana without voll's, 800 mana with.)
Another Eldritch Battery Question: How does it interact with the Acrobatics Keystone? Both effects remove your Energy Shield, but one converts it to mana and the other just gets rid of it.

For Instance, if I'm wearing gear with a total of 100 energy shield and I have both keystones, will my mana be increased by 100 or will I see no difference at all?

I guess what I'm asking is: How do you determine which Keystone Passive takes precedence when both of them are trying to do something similar with the same resource?
The negative keystone effects take precedence.

Acrobatics removes all your energy shield, then eldritch battery converts 0 ES to 0 mana.
I would think it'd be more like Eldritch Battery takes 100% of your energy shield and adds it as mana and then Eldritch Battery and Acrobatics remove all shield.
Last edited by Umbraal on Mar 27, 2012, 11:59:12 PM
If you take Acrobatics and Eldritch Battery, Eldritch battery will give you no mana, as you have no shield. So don't do this.
Is there any reason that it is necessary to prevent Acrobatics and Eldritch Battery from comboing?

Acrobatics already seems rather weak, and I feel this is one way it can be part of an interesting build for a high-int character.
Sorry - just a bit of clarification -

I took EB at around 27 - will any subsequent + Energy Shield passives and or bonuses adding to energy shield affect my mana now?

Do energy shield regen speed passives or item bonuses add to my mana?

If not...

Why not ?

Out of curiosity.

Thanks
So is the calculation:

(Mana * %mana passives) + (Energy Shield * %energy shield passives)

Or

(Mana + (Energy Shield * %energy shield passives) ) * %mana passives

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info