Grinding Gear Games is Hiring a Senior Environment Artist and Senior Texture Artist

The Grinding Gear Games team is still growing and we're looking for two new members to join our team. If you or anyone you know is a Senior Environment Artist or Senior Texture Artist please check out our job descriptions. If you're interested in applying you can email us at contact@grindinggear.com

Senior Environment Artist

Grinding Gear Games is looking for an in-house environment artist to create evocative environments in the 'dark and gritty' Path of Exile. You will develop tiles and assets implementation and work to maintain a consistent aesthetic across the game. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of gritty texture, colour, and shapes. We are looking for an avid gamer that has a deep understanding of our game Path of Exile and its themes.

Requirements:
  • 3 years of environment work in games, or 5 years of work experience in a related fields (sculpting, miniatures)
  • Experience with maya, zbrush and substance painter (designer is a bonus).
  • Superior eye for texture, value, color and the ability to use them in creating gritty consistent environments.
  • Self-motivation and self-reliance; ability to research and learn new tools quickly.
  • Excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team.
  • Deep understanding of the game we produce (Path of Exile).
  • Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
  • Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
  • Job Status: Full-Time

Senior Texture Artist

Grinding Gear Games is looking for an in-house texture artist to create textures and materials for the 'dark and gritty' Path of Exile. You will develop materials for new assets and work to maintain a consistent aesthetic across all of the game. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of color, lighting, specularity, and other material properties as they relate to games. We are looking for an avid gamer that has a deep understanding of our game Path of Exile and its themes.

Requirements:
  • One year of experience with texture work in a PBR pipeline (Substance Designer, Quixel etc).
  • Superior eye for lighting, value, color, details, and the ability to use them in creating realistic, gritty and visually appealing imagery.
  • Self-motivation and self-reliance; ability to research and learn new tools quickly.
  • Excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team.
  • Passion for creating 'dark and gritty', environments, items, characters and monsters.
  • Deep understanding of the game we produce (Path of Exile).
  • Deep knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter and Designer.
  • Knowledge of Marvelous Designer and Maya is preferred.
  • Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
  • Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
  • Job Status: Full-Time
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
No professional experience, but sometimes I doodle on napkins.

Shall I send an e-mail? :P
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Hi! I can convince the Playerbase to hire me with 4 words

"Environment effect toggle off"

ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Can’t wait to see great things coming for POE!
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
hope u guys can find the right people
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Hi! I can convince the Playerbase to hire me with 4 words

"Environment effect toggle off"

Nvidia votes no
WOOT!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
https://steamcommunity.com/id/MickeyDankMouse/
-MickeyDankMouse™-
If it wasn't for the fact that I don't live anywhere that GGG has an opening for, I would apply (not for this job specifically but for other roles that I would be qualified for).
omg!!!
Sadly, I only know programmers.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info