Of the uniques we showed on our War for the Atlas announcement page, one in particular has caught the community's eye: The Hungry Loop. We've seen a lot of members of our community asking for clarification about how this little unique item works, so we want to clear up any confusion.

A fresh Hungry Loop, with no gems fed, looks like this:

To feed it a gem, you must level that gem to its maximum level inside the ring. Yes, that means you can take a level 19 gem that is ready to hit 20, socket it, and level it up, and the ring will eat it.

The Hungry Loop is not a picky eater, however, so it ignores gem quality. It also doesn't like unnaturally high-level gems obtained via Corruption. To eat a gem, the gem must be socketed within the ring as it reaches max level, even if that gem is an Empower, and the max level is 3.

The eaten gems obey all the ordinary support rules, so if the Hungry Loop were to, for example, eat two trigger gems, any skills later socketed in it wouldn't work. Be careful what you feed your Hungry Loop!

If you make the mistake of feeding your Hungry Loop conflicting support gems, you can sell your Hungry Loop to a vendor to get the gems back. Not the ring, though. Tearing gems out of a Hungry Loop's belly tends to be lethal to the Loop.

We're looking forward to seeing what kind of uses you can find for this ring!

Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
Wrong order on the images. Dey fix.

EDIT: According to the laws of the internet, I think I'm supposed to have an obligatory "First" edit or something?

So...

Cats.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Nov 19, 2017, 8:49:22 PM
nice
Reveal more uniques please >.>
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Level 19.9 gems just gained a lot of value.
Nice
I have a feeling the images were linked in the wrong order ... ?
Can release Abyss League supporter pack sooner(tomorrow) please?? =(
My YOUTUBE Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz7SYVrfQWKi0NJiAJJMusg
Oh hell yes
PLS Put it back to Req. lvl 69 for the memes
TY
The Best Noob You'll Ever Find!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info