Dual Flame Totem Build

Hi Guys,

I am thinking about doing a Dual Flame Totem Templar build based on Chris' video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMv0lO5KVW4

I have slightly adjusted the passive skill tree to get one extra Agility (+30 dex) node so I don't have to rely on +dexterity gear rolls in order to use GMP (Greater Multiple Projectiles) support on higher levels, and going past it actually save a couple of nodes, and is on the way to the very bottom left +fire damage nodes I would want to go to around lvl 70ty.

I understand that Static Blow and Chance to Shock nodes are very important because Shock status alignment will give huge bonus the the damage, right? I also wonder weather to get this I really need to use Lightning Damage support gem or will it be enough to just have some +lightning dmg on an item, does anyone know?

Here is my version of the skill tree:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEDxgSzBVsGDgn2FCAUTRRxGS4abB8CJIslrSftKS4pTyqNLKc2xTbYOtg9Dz38RtdJG03YUEdQUFXGVw1YY1nzWitdxl8_YG1j_WebZ7165ny4fLt9U331gpuDOIdli4yMdozPj0aXhZuhnC2dgJ2uns2iAKPypwinMKyqr7e2hrndxPbG2M9l0NDSIdR81I_YJNlh2t3d8-Fz5CLnauw47FXtIO5v7w7xbPIv9kg=

Could you please tell me what you think about my skill tree changes, and what else would you change to the build showed in the video. I also wonder weather this build is still somewhat 'viable' - I am not expecting it to be a cookie cutter build.

Really appreciate your input.

Thanks!
This isn't very different from what I was planning on with a ea build and I think u run into a problem of not having enough hp and way way too much damage compared to ur hp
Last edited by zerados on Feb 26, 2013, 5:24:11 PM
Hi zerados, thanks a lot for your post, could you please recommend any changes or post your build?

I also wonder if I can replace the lightning damage support gem with wrath aura - to trigger the shock.
Last edited by Dynuel on Feb 26, 2013, 5:48:39 PM
First of all, yes you hve to use added lightning damage gem in order to make static blows work.
Elemental Damage bonuses from weapons only apply to attacks/attack skills not to spells which totems are considered to be.

Besides that your build is pretty much fine I'd personally recommend to proceed grabbing the big Hex Keystones at the top of the tree now.
These will boost your DPS much more than the raw damage nodes you keep heading to.
"
First of all, yes you hve to use added lightning damage gem in order to make static blows work.

Sorry do you know if Wrath aura would work instead of Added Lightning Damage support gem?

"
Besides that your build is pretty much fine I'd personally recommend to proceed grabbing the big Hex Keystones at the top of the tree now.

What curses would you use? Elemental weakness and what else?

Any other recommendations for this build?
up
"
Dynuel wrote:

Sorry do you know if Wrath aura would work instead of Added Lightning Damage support gem?

What curses would you use? Elemental weakness and what else?

Any other recommendations for this build?

For Wrath it's exactly the same only affects your attacks not spells in any way.

Flammability and Elemental Weakness are the most obvious and best choices, situational I'd say Temporal CHains is also something you want to have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info