Trade-Posts ingame : How they could look like (with Screenshots)

The idea is to have an extra tab in the social-window, where players can propose their trade. Similar to the trade-channel, but with less spam.

Some players are already starting to create fake parties, and only using the party name for trade-propositions. If this prevail, we're going to get disorganized LFG-List, half filled with trade-fake-parties (like in Diablo 2).

That made me think, maybe the developers could implement an extra social-tab for trade-posts, so that those "parties" does not mess with the Public-Party list.

This Trade-Post tab can be used as a third way to trade items beside trade-channel and trade-forum:

If you open the tab, the proposing player would be shown, so you can message him. (optional including some text and items)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the difference to an auctionhouse, many player don't want:

- Trading is still personal, not automated. The social aspect is not lost.

- Offers are not sorted by price. You also cannot see all trade-posts at the same time. The barter aspect of different offers remains.

What's the advantage of having that extra tab for trade-posts:

- Player don't need to create fake-parties for trade-propositions. The "public-party" list stays cleaner.

- A second way to find ingame trades besides spamming the trade-channel.

- Players can leave a trade-post and then continue to play normally.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photoshopped some images to visualize. Opinions are welcome.

Edit:
Additional infos, how i would imagine it. The extra-tab would only show a few trading-posts, similar to the list for public parties. You need to be online and can have only one trade-post. More convenient than now, but not too easy.

Last edited by Kamosabo on Feb 26, 2013, 12:47:57 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I like it, a much better way to find and sell stuff.
IGN: Kulde
Very nice.
IGN: DatGS
To the top with this awesome idea!
IGN Wraeclastt
That would be awesome indeed. +1
IGN: Flambeer
I like this, allows you to join a group and have an offer remaining in that window while playing, instead of sitting next to stash all day.
+1
S L O W E R
great idea, (applause)
love ti!!! trading now is a joke,..
IGN: TheAnonymous

PM me here on Ingame if I win an auction.
Great idea! When they do this they should add a search function that you can search on what you need :)
IGN: Lnvoker

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info