Duplicate MTX and Rentals

In the developer QA there was a statement about the EV of boxes and that to get rid of duplicates the cost of mystery boxes would need to be much higher. I have a problem and blew through a few hundred Trumpmarks, and I ended up with $72 worth of duplicates. Overall the return was spectacular compared to what those items should likely cost. I started counting what the value I got back was but I got annoyed with pricing it around $180 in, but I figure it's probably about $500-$600, which is a great return, probably 50% to 66% off the items store value, which is obviously unknown to this point. It would have been a much much higher return if I stopped buying boxes about $90 before I did.

It's still annoying to get duplicates though, and I've spent enough that I know any box I buy is more likely than not a duplicate, even though I don't have the item I want.

So I sat down and thought to myself, ok, how can these duplicates be turned into something else without costing GGG any money? The answer I came up with is that you could turn duplicates into some sort of rental points. Like even 15 minutes per duplicate would be pretty reasonable, and with anything I'm renting one of two things is ultimately going to happen with it.

1. I'm going to eventually buy it anyway because I was trying to get it
2. I'm going to find out that in fact, that MTX kinda stinks in practice.

Anyway that's the best answer I can come up with to the bummer that is opening an empty box.
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2017, 1:15:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info