Some feedback about Firestorm (default and Siege)

Hi folks,

I've just posted the below in another thread and thought it might be more appropriate here;

"
Sarno wrote:
I can certainly see where OP is coming from. I feel that, graphically, there's something about Firestorm in particular which is underwhelming. I've purchased the Siege Firestorm Effect and it's certainly an improvement; the individual projectiles look more distinct from the trail behind them, the individual projectiles look bigger (though this might be my mind playing tricks on me), and the way the metal hits the ground and breaks open just makes it feel more meaty. It adds a bit of oomph. The default appearance of the skill, imo, is inert and bland.

Of course, the Siege Firestorm Effect has a poor reputation among those who care about their FPS, so it could be that the default visual effects are designed to be potato-friendly and GGG feel more freedom to make cool (but demanding) effects when they're creating something optional. If that's the case then it's a bit disappointing, but perhaps the best of both worlds.

The thread I posted it in is Where is my meteor/chain lightning/apocalypse spells?!, and though I could be wrong on this, I feel like the OP is pining for the visual effects and "how they feel" as much as their general design. You might find the thread an interesting read.

As an aside, Scorching Ray is amazing. It actually looks like fire instead of generic red beam, à la Discharge from Diablo III. I was really disappointed in Discharge and Scorching Ray is a much better execution of what Blizzard were aiming for, so kudos for that one. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2017, 1:43:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info