Ethereal Knives Duelist Guide [ Video Included ]

Hey all, VoidMoon here today to showcase my Ethereal Knives Duelist build! This is a very simple build, yet very effective. It does not use auras and mana like other EK builds, but it is a possibility to do so. I've made a video tutorial on the build as well which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt75kvV1OQw&feature=youtu.be

Default League Passives

Hardcore League Passives

The basic idea of the build is to be as simple as possible. Your dps will be pretty good and with high armor, high hp and regen you will be relatively tanky. Your basic fight consists of cursing enemies with Projectile Weakness and then just spamming Ethereal Knives. If necessary for maps or lower gear levels it may be advisable to drop a Spell Totem with a Summon Skeleton support gem and Faster Casting attached. This will give you a meat wall to absorb hits.

The benefits of this build:
Very good dps, especially AoE.
Very simple to play.
Very desirable in groups.

The drawbacks of this build:
Can be dangerous to use at times.
Weak to physical reflect mobs.

The gear, gems, and support gems you want with this build are as follows:

Weapon -
You wants as much spell damage as possible and cast speed is ideal. Since EK is a spell, it benefits directly from spell damage.

Shield -
As much spell damage as possible.

Chest -
You want high armor and hp as well as a 5 link (a 6 link is ideal).

Jewelry -
Use your jewelry slots to keep your resists as close to cap as possible. Once this is achieved look for cast speed and HP.

All other armor -
Get as much armor and Hp as possible whilst keeping your resists capped. Pieces with cast speed are a nice bonus, but don't skimp on your HP.

Gems -
Ethereal Knives linked with Iron will, Life Leach, and Faster Projectiles. Once you get a 5 link attach Added Fire Damage. Once you get a 6 link attach faster casting. Try your best to get as many quality gems as possible as they will vastly increase your dps.

Projectile Weakness with Increased Area of Affect attached.

If you are having trouble at low levels or on maps I'd suggest equipping a Spell Totem with Summon Skeletons and Faster Casting attached as support gems.

Fight rotation:
The rotation for this build is very straight forward. All you need to do is curse enemies with Projectile Weakness and then spam Ethereal Knives. If you are having trouble at low levels or on maps you can drop a Skeleton Totem and this should help with your survivability.

If you found this helpful or to keep up on my builds and guides please subscribe to my youtube page www.youtube.com/voidmoongaming and follow me on my twitch stream www.twitch.tv/void_moon. I answer questions here live to the best of my ability so feel free to pop in and ask away!
Last edited by VoidMoon on Feb 22, 2013, 8:47:31 PM
You may get this ques alot but why go ek on duelist dosnt another class do it better?? or is it because they are gonna get a passive tree rework and there might be a full respec?
"
Sicarion wrote:
You may get this ques alot but why go ek on duelist dosnt another class do it better?? or is it because they are gonna get a passive tree rework and there might be a full respec?

I get enjoyment in making builds in this game. I noticed there weren't many guides on the Duelist forums so I figured I'd do my part to help the community :)

I think Duelist is just fine for EK. We only get 1 useless point.
What would you suggest for Single Target skills?
"

You can always use bear trap
"
VoidMoon wrote:
"

You can always use bear trap

Thats what I was thinking. :p Anyway, I thank you for the guide. I'll try it out a bit and post some feedback.
Why didn't you took Iron Grip? You would need to spend only 2 more points and increase of damage would be really high with so much strength. EK is also a projectile.
"
Why didn't you took Iron Grip? You would need to spend only 2 more points and increase of damage would be really high with so much strength. EK is also a projectile.

Since EK is a Physical SPELL (Meaning Cast time/Spell Damage), It doesnt get bonuses from Iron Grip. Iron Will is the one to use with EK.
My build right now
Grace is really good, have 2900 armour at 45 lvl with shitly gear.1478 hp.
My gear
Spoiler
May i ask why you don't grab iron reflexs? Seems like a staple was wondering about your rational for not getting it.

Also fury bolts is 3 points away would you recommend getting that after completing the main build?
Last edited by LastxResort on Feb 23, 2013, 5:42:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info