Power charges?

Hey I saw a reference to power charges on my skill tree, yet I don't have any yet. How do you get power charges?
From a gem.
"
Arancil wrote:
From a gem.

That is wrong.

You can get power charges in 3 ways as it is now.
Either from minion death, wich is'nt very reliable as your minions wont die fast enough for them to stack up.
From melee critical strike, to do it this way you need to get the passive skill in the tree for it.
Last there is this armor
Unavailable

I'm testing this myself now and so far it works great, i'm at lvl 45 and run around with full charges with no problem, using ice spear, wich has the highest crit chance of all spells for now. Though you do need to get come passive crit chance for this to work.

Goodluck
Cheers
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
How do you know when you have a power charge?

I just got a gem for discharge I'm lost as how to use it?

Thanks for any help
"
streamIX0 wrote:
How do you know when you have a power charge?

I just got a gem for discharge I'm lost as how to use it?

Thanks for any help

All your current buffs, including power charges, are shown on top left corner of the screen.
get Power Siphon gem too.
hello, I am beginner in PoE and I dont know nothing about power charges....
Can anyone explain to me what the power chares mean?

thanks
"
Nenie wrote:

Can anyone explain to me what the power chares mean?

+1. I for myself do not know either.

I'd be great if somebody were to make an actually worth-reading wiki (or did I just not found yet?)
Aside from whatever additional bonuses you manage to tack on to them, power charges increase your critical strike chance by 50% each, stacking additively with any other crit chance increases you may have acquired.

Bear in mind, this does not mean you can automatically crit on every hit with two power charges; these bonuses modify the base chance to crit with the weapon or spell you're hitting with.
Axes, for example, usually have a 5% crit chance; wands, daggers, scepters, and staves, being aligned with intelligence, have more. On the spell end of things, it can go as low as 3% (for Shock Nova) to as high as 7% (for Ice Spear).

So, having (say) three power charges "up", and casting an Ice Nova (5% crit chance), you would have a 5% + (1.5 * 5%) = 12.5% chance to crit on each Ice Nova you cast.
(why is this nice? Critical hits with cold damage not only hurt more, they freeze the victim solid)

Power charges, like the other charges, last until you've gone for ten seconds without gaining another one (though currently you can still "gain" one if you're at your maximum charge), or until you expend them through other means, such as Discharge:
Unavailable
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Great, thank you Skivverus!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info