Season One, Race Event 14: Three Hour Party

Prizes have been awarded! Overall season standings are here.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

For information about our new race event season, please check out this announcement!

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Triumph (Unique Golden Wreath) and 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 32: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 29-31: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 26-28: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 23-25: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 20-22: 3 Reward Points

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.

• Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:

• Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Feb 28, 2013, 7:10:00 PM
Have you guys ever considered charging money for certain leagues and upping the prizes for said leagues?

I mean you could still offer a lot of leagues for free and the core game will of course always be free (hardcore and Default), but I think this would be a great way for you to make some money outside of what you get with micro-transactions in the store.
I find that idea really bad.
"
Have you guys ever considered charging money for certain leagues and upping the prizes for said leagues?

I mean you could still offer a lot of leagues for free and the core game will of course always be free (hardcore and Default), but I think this would be a great way for you to make some money outside of what you get with micro-transactions in the store.

i remember there was a plan for players to be able to start their custom games using microtransaction points.
How is that idea bad? Do tell. Having 1 out of 10 leagues a month be one that you can pay to enter is a great way to support the game while leaving plenty of options for F2P players. And it wouldn't be "Play to Win" either. Maybe the prizes would be rare cosmetic effects or dare I say innovative ideas that haven't been introduced to microtransactions like a simple Name Change. If you care about this game, you would realize it takes money to operate and if they got to a point where cosmetics sales weren't enough, why not do this to keep the game alive?
Surely the main contention is with the 'upped' prizes. Anything that moves items out of the reach (via RNG) of the standard player seems to go against the GGG ethos.

A for-pay league could be an option, but it wouldn't be able to have increased drop-rates or prizes. It could be a different play style, e.g. cutthroat, but it couldn't touch the economy.

That is my read on the GGG mentality and I, for one, welcome our new overlords/support this philosophy.
Last edited by ColinPowell on Feb 20, 2013, 11:14:38 PM
In my mind your suggestion would have to be in a paid parent league as well to completely avoid the pay-to-win problem. But I don't see it as a bad idea at all. Especially if they work in official streaming or something for players that want to watch how the elite play. Maybe it's a bad analogy but with TV coverage of car racing they show the leader a lot of the time and key racers and fan favorites. What about sponsors?

I think one thing PoE is lacking is tracking all kinds of statistics like Torchlight (I assume TL2 does, haven't played it nearly as much as I did the first TL) does really well. It's interesting even to see how many steps your character has taken and how many chests you've opened, elite bosses killed, all that. That would be another interesting thing for a spectator to monitor during and after a race. They could hand out silly prizes for players with the most steps taken, least steps taken, most chests opened. And in a default race most deaths. Even a 'congeniality' or 'participation' prize to the lowest level character that played the full hour without dying. I'm not saying they should be good prizes but some sort of badge of honor/dishonor would be warranted I think.
"

That is one of the worst ideas I've heard.
umm have you forgotten that you added act 3 content your using the same achievements for rewards for a 3 hour race as you used to without it
Don't waste 9 hours on 3 races for (0)points like i did...
it's not about skill or reaction time...
Anyone interested in racing watch this first.....

http://youtu.be/l1VyUADEZL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info