Improving Race Info

Can the race info please be improved in the following ways:

- Make race titles/names consistent

Some say Party, some don't. Some say Solo, some don't. With so much info to read (keeping in mind some people are beginners too) it would be nice to have a consistent theme going with the titles so there is less confusion.

- Show all information before AND after the race STARTS

If some race details are unclear to the player, give them the option to go back and look again at the information. Currently some of the stuff gets removed once the race has begun.

*Small thing worth mentioning is that the wording about where your character goes says something like "parent league". Just say "if you die you go (here)...if you're alive you go (here)"... or "void league".

Be clear, simple and direct!

fuck em
Last edited by MissApril on Jul 29, 2016, 4:21:26 AM
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2016, 7:24:18 AM
Agreed.

"
MissApril wrote:

If some race details are unclear to the player, give them the option to go back and look again at the information. Currently some of the stuff gets removed once the race has begun.

What is this referring to? I've never seen anything visible before but not after.
Necropolis: 96
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
unsane wrote:
Agreed.

"
MissApril wrote:

What is this referring to? I've never seen anything visible before but not after.

I was told during the race that you could party up and it does not say that now. My friend found out from watching a stream.

Edit: Actually, maybe it never said to begin with.
fuck em
Last edited by MissApril on Jul 29, 2016, 4:34:43 AM
"
MissApril wrote:
I was told during the race that you could party up and it does not say that now. My friend found out from watching a stream.

Edit: Actually, maybe it never said to begin with.

Ah yeah, this ties in with your overall point.

If a race says Solo at the top of the description, it is Solo (obviously).
But if a race doesn't say Solo, it's Party. Ridiculously badly described, i know.
Necropolis: 96
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
headhunter doesnt say solo, but its solo

I just wrote a big rename function for my site to keep names consistent

alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
It has solo listed as the second line under "Rules:" (above the ladder rankings, in the event listings post), but it is not in the title of the event. The event titles could get out of hand if everything needed to me included.

A big thanks for keeping your site up to date and consistent.
Last edited by ChronoExile on Jul 30, 2016, 4:44:40 PM
best thing is:
s16 act 3 solo 50 min
s15 act 3 solo 45 min

totally same names, different time
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Same thing with the Act 2 events, just a greater time difference.

s16 Act 2 Solo, 45 min
s15 Act 2 Solo, 70 min

And the Merv kill is now an hour down from 90min.

But in all cases you are right, same name for the event.
http://puu.sh/qmELW/4608d30e0a.png

Someone gave me this. Apparently races did used to be very clear about party or solo. I'm not sure why it changed but I like the old way of course.
fuck em
"
MissApril wrote:
I'm not sure why it changed but I like the old way of course.

Season 2 had pretty short race titles, with one obvious exception. I would take a guess they were changed in order for simplicity in titles, and to have shorter names for the remove only prize tabs going forward (season 2 did not name the prize tabs).

While there are some inconsistencies, like the duration of events jtsq was talking about above, there are at least two tells in the types of races. All signature races and boss kill races have been solo, so those are easy to know.

One solution, if they did not want to have unruly titles, could be to add another letter to the race codes. Currently race codes are three letters followed by the race event number. Change it to four letters and the race event number, and now there is an indicator for party/solo.

The first two letters are the season code (Current code is MD for Medallion). The third letter indicates the type of event (Signature, Vanilla, or Custom Mods). The fourth letter would indicates if party play (Solo or Party).

I suppose this doesn't help those who do not know what to look for, but in the same vain there seems to be little complaining about the mod abbreviations in the titles... and the solo indicator as well as mod explanations are all in the race event thread anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info