[feedback] bored to death

i didnt play poe for last 1.5 month, logged few days ago, noticed that ver digits changed so there must have been some major updates, didnt read changelog thou, but here's what i've noticed:

+ new camera view, its perfect now
+ new look for orbs, awesome!
+ vendors buying my trash!

- vendors buying my trash, but paying with scraps of useless alteration orb most of the time. huh. i want rather destroy my loot then give it to them, grasping mofos. i used it for 1st 2 hours to stack some wisdoms, transmutes and alterations, after that, i dont need them any more, i dont need their pennies!
- walls still aint fading, most annoying thing ever
- mobs still so predictible, and dumb as f...
- still no challange in this game, everything is piss easy, main bosses are a joke, side bosses are a joke, full screen of aggroed common mobs is a joke. what else is there?
- i'm about to enter act2 @ merciless, just after few days of mindless spamming heavy strike and leaping coupple of times. ofc i got all the fancy courses, buffs etc... they are great! they shine, they glow and whatnot, but its all for nothing if using them is a waste of time, as u can 1-shot every common mob all game long. dont even need them @ bosses with a reflect aura, neither @ freezing guys. yes, they drop a noticable amount of hp, so thats the only situation you need to use a flask, still no challange as they cant stand more then 4 shots. just to make things clear, i'm usually @ same level as minions, sometimes even -1 or -2. and i died once. @ cruel. becouse of lag... (weird thing when u suddenly appear surrounded by enemies in a room you didnt even intend to enter)
- theres plenty of melee str-based skills. so what. u can only use 1 or 2 if you decide to use 1 type of weapons? not cool. my vote goes for more skills (maybe some kind of combos?) or less weapon-restricted skills.
- all game long i didnt find a SINGLE gem quality upgrade orb, but maybe thats just a bad luck

summa-summarum: (screw fanboys, gonna be harsh)
PoE is EXTREMELY EASY, REPETITIVE AND BORING game in my opinion. it looks cool, got cool skill-gem system, fancy passives tree, fancy crafting, but its not enough (for me) vs super-boring gameplay

ps. (to the staff) aint gonna play beta any more (busy bee i am), but deffo gonna check out released product. anyway, thx for opportunity to check out ur game. i wish all the best to you and hope that you will make your child BIG! good luck!

ps2. i got spare beta-key, pm me any1 who wants to make use of it
E: given out
"8% increased quantity of items found"
"29% increased rarity of items found"
damn... i want this gear irl !!!
Last edited by saymar on Jan 24, 2012, 7:25:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So, you're impatient? Devs are working on many of the things you brought up; just give them time.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
nah, ain't rushin any1. just pointing out things important to me ;)
"8% increased quantity of items found"
"29% increased rarity of items found"
damn... i want this gear irl !!!
I think most people would agree with you. It's definitely getting worked on though. I hope when you decide to play again you find the game will be much more complete and to your liking.
Forum Sheriff
I'm feeling the same way.
In short too much spice too less meat.
I lvled my char in 9.5. all the way till merciless (~50) it took me two weeks or so and I can't force myself to login to continue.
I'd rather play some win7 solitare.

Actually D1 gamaplay with only 1 basic melee attack was more diverse and engaging than here.
Not speaking about a mood which still blows PoE and most of other arpgs.

Accessibility, replayability and pure fun of killing and looting mobs has been sacrificed on altar of some high-end-game balancing and solving issues that might emerge there, providing players with options that they are not interested in (cross-class builds) and adding/expanding some secondary features that are nothing more then gimmicks.

What's more game has no identity and feel whatsoever.
Most of the content feel like a placeholder, it's generic and boring.
And it's not because lack of proper storyline, lore, npcs and some cut-scene videos.
You could remove all these things from D1, allow ppl to play only in areas 1-12 and it would still kick arse.
PoE lacks such feel completely.

Game is hard to 'digest' adding more 'spices' won't make it taste better. Ingredients are bad, without replacing them with better or just sticking to few fundamental, removing everything else and mixing them PoE won't end up as a fun game.
It might be different, balanced and polished but still it won't be fun to play. And what's the fate of such games?

"
ness wrote:
Actually D1 gamaplay with only 1 basic melee attack was more diverse and engaging than here.
Not speaking about a mood which still blows PoE and most of other arpgs.

How is it more diverse? How is it more engaging?
How is the mood off?

"
ness wrote:
Accessibility, replayability and pure fun of killing and looting mobs has been sacrificed on altar of some high-end-game balancing and solving issues that might emerge there, providing players with options that they are not interested in (cross-class builds) and adding/expanding some secondary features that are nothing more then gimmicks.

How has it been sacrificed? How does tweaking balance impact the fun factor? What's wrong with providing options? How is it not accessible? What's wrong with the repeatability?

"
ness wrote:
What's more game has no identity and feel whatsoever.

How so?

"
ness wrote:
Most of the content feel like a placeholder, it's generic and boring.

Why? What specifically is wrong?

"
ness wrote:
And it's not because lack of proper storyline, lore, npcs and some cut-scene videos.
You could remove all these things from D1, allow ppl to play only in areas 1-12 and it would still kick arse.
PoE lacks such feel completely.

Why? What is better?

"
ness wrote:
Game is hard to 'digest' adding more 'spices' won't make it taste better. Ingredients are bad, without replacing them with better or just sticking to few fundamental, removing everything else and mixing them PoE won't end up as a fun game.
It might be different, balanced and polished but still it won't be fun to play. And what's the fate of such games?

Throughout this whole post, all you've dais is 'x sucks, y sucks, and z sucks.' You haven't offered up any reason why. You haven't suggested how it could be better, you haven't even acknowledged that there is any way it could be good.

Your post could be summed up with ' I don't like POE '. Without providing context or useful feedback what is the point of all that?
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Act 3 will definitely help, but the OP does sum up a lot of the great aspects of PoE being overshadowed by the repetition and overall lack of challenge/fun.

I too have gotten to Merciless on my 4th or 5th character now, and I really can't bring myself to do it again until some major changes come into play.

I think the aesthetic/mood is awesome in the game.

It is indeed boring game.
What we have, is 2 levels to an ARPG, that people have played for hundreds of hours... and they find it boring? Shocking.

I am reasonably sure that if you were to choose any arpg you love, but only play the first 2 levels.. over and over.. for hundreds of hours, you'd feel the exact same way.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
The game has 2 acts but many levels, if we consider a level as any one particular area.

Maybe the dev's should employ the game design theory of 'un-fun' whereby any feature that is found to be detrimental to the enjoyment (or fun) of the game is removed.

Though it sounds radical it is actually very effective when used with objectivity and logic.
Happy Days Abound.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info