Developer Questions and Answers

Here are some guidelines for questions:
  • We'd prefer not to answer specific questions about how game mechanics work in this Q&A. Mark's thread is for that and he's happy to answer them there!
  • Please check that no one has previously posted a substantially similar question.
  • We recommend phrasing your questions in a constructive way.
  • If you're looking for ideas for non-standard questions, consider questions about day-to-day life at GGG, what it takes to get into the games industry, what games we've been playing, and so on. We'd love some variety so that there are questions that interest many different types of players.

Thanks for all the questions. Answers will be posted around this time next week!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last bumped on Feb 4, 2017, 9:26:35 PM
My wife left me.

Do you devs still find the game fun after having access to the god-mode debugging tools?

Also, what trading QoL improvements are underway at the moment?
In-game: leonid
All Challenges Done! (Ana/Ons) 9/9/2013
All Challenges Done! (Dom/Nem) 1/30/2014
All Challenges Done! (Tor/Bld) 3/10/2015
All Achievements Done! 9/28/2016
Last edited by sunleonid on Jun 28, 2016, 7:58:40 PM
Who is the worst player in the GGG offices at Poe?
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
Last edited by Arrogant on Jun 28, 2016, 7:54:00 PM
you didnt give us a auction house yet because you think it will be bad for the game or you/GGG doesnt like the idea of automated trade?(doesnt even need automated trade just an ingame poe.trade so we can see who is offline/afk without pming 30 people,but a automated currency exchange would be nice.)
How is lore done for the game: do you have organized documents for it? Who at GGG can contribute to it? Do specific people give final approval? Are there written guidelines for do/don't? In what circumstances do you consider performing retcons or changing unreleased lore?
Last edited by Nuro on Jun 28, 2016, 7:59:43 PM
Do you plan in a near futur to add a bug tracking tool directly ingame ?
I'm pretty sure it could help both players and GGG.
Hf :)
Ingame trade system coming anytime soon o.o?
What is the point of background loading if the client can't run (freezes) while assets aren't loaded?

Shouldn't they be replaced by placeholder graphics or just be invisible before being loaded, instead of freezing the game/creating stuttery gameplay?

Also will there ever be low quality art assets available as a download option to reduce client load? It seems inefficient to load high quality assets, just to filter them down to the preferred texture quality option.
Last edited by Julchiar on Jun 28, 2016, 8:01:52 PM
Will there be more big secrets in PoE like goddess unbound, the star of wraeclast and fishing? Secrets that the community can work together to work out are always loads of fun in MMO. Maybe even harder ones?
is it true that path of exile just uses 1 core of cpu? if yes is there a way we could modify it to use multiple cores for better performance?

a way also to minimize skill effects for better fps performance?
Last edited by icabit on Jun 28, 2016, 8:04:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info